Provides technical leadership to ensure that organizational data security needs are met. Identifies existing and introduces new best practices within assigned area. Consults with business leaders to develop to create data security solutions. May lead investigations on data security breaches. Responsibilities are assigned with some latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using established policies and procedures. This job is a Team Lead: Directs daily work activities of a small group of employees. Works with higher level manager to set goals/objectives and provides input regarding performance of employees being led. Employees do not typically have formal reporting relationship to a team lead job. This job works under General Direction: Establishes procedures for attaining specific goals and objectives in a broad area of work. Generally final results are reviewed. (Typically applies to a manager or expert/top level professional.)
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
Public/hybrid Cloud skills & experience:
- Principal & policy based security design methodology
- IaaS, PaaS & SaaS business solution models
- Network security architecture & solutions (firewalls, intrusion prevention systems, vulnerability scanning)
- Identity and Access Management
- Threat & malware protection
- Network encryption for in-flight data
- Encryption of data at rest
- Logging & monitoring
- Forensics & discovery
- Big data/data analytics
- Artifacts & documentation
- Modern software development technologies & programming languages, including mobile
- Hands on knowledge of AWS, Azure, O365 and/or other similar Public cloud providers
- Security implementation and integration with internal private cloud environment
- Ability to automate the provisioning and configuration of Cloud-based environments
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) discipline preferred.
- Five years of implementing secure substantive business solutions in public cloud providers for Fortune 500 companies and four years of relevant experience with data security practices, processes, and data security preferred.
- Experience as a technical lead preferred.
- Broad knowledge of all IT related technologies with subject matter expertise in IT Security related technology and business exposures impacting organizational vitality preferred.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
Problem Solving: Demonstrates sound analytic and diagnostic skills dealing with issues that are loosely defined and/or conflict with available information. Knows where to obtain information needed to make the appropriate decisions. Breaks a problem down to manageable pieces and implements effective, timely solutions. Is very good at identifying the problem versus the symptom. Deals increasingly with problems that require involvement of others to solve. Has the ability to reach sound decisions quickly. Carefully evaluates alternative risks and solutions before taking action. Optimizes the use of all available resources.
Leadership: Manages functional objectives and priorities supporting multiple assigned business units. Responsibilities are assigned with latitude for setting priorities and decision-making using generally accepted guidelines. Results are reviewed with next-level manager for clarification according to predefined objectives.
Planning and Project Management: Develops operational plans and provides resource estimation for task planning. Proposes plans of action that are timely, realistic, and positive. Sets appropriate goals for projects and monitors progress against the plan. May provide technical leadership to a project team.
Feel free to send me an email with any questions you may have: email@example.com