For a full job description and to apply, please visit our jobsite at http://jobs.fitchburgstate.edu.
General Statement of Duties: Provide administrative support to the Departments of Athletics and Recreation Services staffing the areas of budget, payroll, revenue deposits and professional and student staffing. Maintain files and records, answer telephones, prepare forms, files and reports for processing, storage or forwarding; provide front-line response to inquiries; operate standard office machines and equipment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Departments of Athletics and Recreation Services staff. Schedule appointments and meetings, provide support for department programming. Provide front-line response to telephone, email, in person and written inquiries regarding all aspects of the departments.
- Prepare and process standard contract and all other required personnel action forms annually for part-time staff. Review completed documents for accuracy and compliance with prescribed procedures. Forward completed forms to appropriate campus offices.
- Act as a back-up for payroll issues as needed for both departments.
- Support student employees at the Front Desk and provide fill in coverage as necessary. Anticipate issues and provide solutions. Maintain forms, membership cards, and other documents as needed.
- Prepare and process standard budget forms including requisitions, transfers and revenue deposits and budgeting. Deliver forms to campus offices as needed. Enter donations into Raiser’s Edge system and reconcile batch report. Provide budget and Raiser’s Edge reports as requested. Reconcile budget reports as required.
- Coordinate meal money distribution for all intercollegiate contests. Prepare and process all required forms prior to the day of the contest. Prior to the next contest, receive returned forms and if necessary, prepare deposit form.
- Maintain office supply inventory and office equipment. Order items or request service as needed.
- Distribute and reconcile recruiting meal passes.
- Create and verify department transportation schedule to provide for all intercollegiate team needs. Serve as department liaison between coaches and transportation providers.
- Prepare and distribute class dismissal lists each semester and edit with schedule changes as needed.
- Prepare and send game contracts. Receive and file returned contracts. Maintain master list of all game contracts and follow up with opponents as needed.
- Provide general departmental procedures orientation for new department staff and assist with establishing email and other computer access, acquiring a One Card, keys, parking pass, business cards and other needs.
- Assist with organization of special department events.
- Receive and distribute department mail.
- Assist patrons with purchases on Blackboard system, including assistance with electronic deposits at the One Card tower.
- Operate standard office machines including personal computers, telephones, two-way radios, fax machines, copiers, typewriters, calculators, adding machines and other similar equipment.
- Collaborate with other campus departments, i.e. Financial Services, Payroll, Development, Financial Aid, as needed.
- Monitor staff gear purchases, collect payments as needed and coordinate with vendor to approve and resolve issues.
- Collect and submit receipts for Athletic Department procurement card purchases and reconcile card account monthly.
- Other duties as assigned.