Compensation: Grade F
Metro-North Railroad reserves the right to remove this posting prior to the Application Deadline.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is a dynamic organization, operating out of the jewel of New York City, Grand Central Terminal. We provide service to over 82 million customers annually, traveling in and out of New York and Connecticut. A subsidiary of the Metropolitan Transportation Authority, Metro-North Railroad is the busiest commuter railroad in the nation. MTA Metro-North Railroad strives to provide a safe commute, great service to its customers and rewarding opportunities to its employees.
Manage the Mobile Ticket and Mail & Ride systems by monitoring, reporting and processing of revenues as interfaced to the General Ledger and Central Support System (CSS). Provide accurate statistical information of Mail & Ride billing activity and Mobile Ticket trends. Ensure MTA eTix app versions are tested before release to public.
- Perform various revenue accounting functions within Passenger Revenue Accounting including but not limited to:
- Manage balancing, reconciliation and reporting of revenues interfaced to General Ledger and CSS, including bank statements, account analyses and third party billing. Supervise and approve the preparation of any correcting journal entries.
- Collaborate with other departments (MTA IT, Customer Service, LIRR) to develop innovative ideas that ensure efficient mobile end-user and support staff experience.
- Manage testing of bi-weekly release of MTA e-tix mobile app version and system enhancements while adhering to tariff regulations.
- Provide statistical reports of revenue, ticket type orders and user trends. Manage and evaluate fraud database and work closely with MTA Police Department to identify fraudulent activity.
- Manage, cross-train and maintain system related training materials for department staff.
- Special projects as assigned including but not limited to control system report calendar, production schedules and security access tables, and support any new fare payment system enhancement projects.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of management and external contacts.
- Strong organizational skills to control direct and ensure timely completion of assigned tasks.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to identify and analyze problems and evaluate alternative solutions.
- Ability to work independently and meet tight deadlines.
- Good written communication skills.
- Understanding of mobile application metrics with the ability to stay current and forward thinking on application performance tools and platforms.
- Proficient in using Microsoft office applications (i.e. Word, Excel and Access) and/or comparable PC applications.
- Proficient in creating and running queries from Oracle and Access databases.
- Must have an aptitude for computer technology and desire to learn different programs.
Knowledge of Metro-North Railroad’s revenue processes and passenger tariff.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and/or related field. Demonstrated equivalent education, experience, and/or technical credentials to include four (4) additional years of related experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Minimum of five (5) years of accounting experience, preferably revenue protection and reporting.
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience managing programs, processes, and/or staff.
To be selected for a position, an applicant must: (1) meet the minimum requirements in the job posting, (2) pass a written examination (if applicable), (3) satisfy a background investigation (which includes credit, if applicable), and (4) pass an oral interview, during which the interviewers will further evaluate the applicant's qualifications for the position. Because the selection process is competitive, not all qualified applicants are granted an interview. Metro-North may also require the applicant to undergo a physical ability test, and, if the Company extends a conditional offer, may require him or her to undergo a medical examination, which may include toxicological testing.
For applicants who are current employees, you must be in active service and have worked in your present position for at least one (1) year to be eligible to apply for a posted position, and have completed the agreed upon formal training commitment, plus on-the-job training, if applicable (for example: Signal Trainee, Foreman-In-Training, etc.) in order to be eligible to transfer. If you are transferred, you may be required to forfeit your seniority in your present occupation. In addition, Metro-North employees are subjected to an internal investigation, which includes an evaluation of their safety and discipline records and their performance assessments.
As an employee of Metro-North Railroad you may be required to complete a New York State financial disclosure statement, if you earn more than $91,821.00 or if you hold a position designated as a policy maker.
We offer a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package. If interested, please apply online at:
For Full Job Description and To Apply Online, Please Visit:
http://web.mta.info/mta/employment/ Click on Metro-North Railroad, Select “Agree,” then Search by Job Title.
MTA Metro-North Railroad is an Equal Opportunity Employer