Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, management or related discipline required, MBA or equivalent preferred. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
• Ten years of experience in a comparable industry with at least five years in an executive leadership position with direct responsibility for large and complex operating and capital budgets and oversight of professional staff.
• Experience and knowledge of the shooting, hunting, conservation and outdoor recreation industry and Federal, state and local conservation and wildlife agencies.
• Able to provide leadership and vision to the ATA and those involved in growing and protecting archery and bow hunting.
• Dignity to represent the ATA to local, state, national and international legislative, executive and political bodies and institutions in order to enhance the industry and advance its purposes.
• Clear passion for, commitment to and demonstrated knowledge of archery/bow hunting/outdoor sports.
• Capable of harnessing the tremendous energy, experience and enthusiasm of the diverse membership.
• Proven record of meeting organizational goals with non-profit service or for-profit organizations and corporate partners.
• Demonstrated ability to plan, implement and manage at both strategic and operational levels.
• High energy, drive and fortitude to move an organization forward. Values integrity and honesty.
• Demonstrated ability to create inclusive and trusting work environments.
• Exceptional communication skills, both oral and written. Ability to speak effectively to a wide variety and size of
• Proven ability to build image and brand identity, and to market and promote organizational programs and value.
• Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, staff and a Board of Directors to create a high-functioning, team oriented culture. Enable team to accomplish targeted results.
• Proven record of planning and executing successful conferences, trade shows, networking and educational opportunities live and via web-based content. • Experience in advocacy/government relations. Politically astute and articulate with an unflappable personality under media or public pressure.
• Demonstrated experience working with a Board of Directors within a coherent governance model.
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex data and provide timely and accurate analysis to staff and volunteer leadership.
• Proven track record of increasing membership in an association where appropriate while concurrently improving satisfaction metrics with focus on member value.
See full position overview