The National Grants Management Association (NGMA), a growing membership association based in Washington, D.C., has an immediate opening for a full-time, telecommuting, Administrative Assistant (title to be determined accordingly). This position reports to NGMA’s Executive Director but supports NGMA's Board of Directors, staff, volunteers and members. The Administrative Assistant serves as the primary contact for members and others contacting NGMA and is responsible for managing NGMA’s Business Office.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously from a home office. Primary duties include, but are not limited to:
- GENERAL MANAGEMENT: Runs NGMA’s Business Office from a home office, including responding to emails and phone calls to support members and non-members with membership information, registrations, information about trainings, credentialing exam, etc.
- MEMBER SERVICES: Maintains NGMA’s database, Abila netFORUM, including membership, registrations, payments, queries, reports, etc.
- SOCIA MEDIA/WEBSITE: Provides updates and suggestions to enhance NGMA’s website. Manages and maintains NGMA’s social media pages including Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and other similar community social sites. Supports the stand-up of NGMA's upcoming Social Community (NGMA Network), including posting of announcements, events, resources, and other information for members.
- FINANCIAL SUPPORT: Processes payments for membership, trainings, testing, etc. Follows up on collection of outstanding receivables on a monthly basis. Processes and deposits credit card payments and checks received. Reconciles all banking transactions on a monthly basis.
- TRAININGS, CHAPTER EVENTS, WEBINAR/WEBCAST SUPPORT: Provides on-site support and assists Executive Director, Education Director and event volunteers as needed. Oversees all aspects of trainings, including setting up events in netFORUM, processing registrations (including refunds), name badges, sign-in/sign-out sheet, surveys, attendee CPE certificates, invoices, etc.. Sets up events, including all signage and collaterals. Tabulates CPEs, creates and sends certificates. Transmits presentations via PDF to attendees. Sets up webinar programming through ReadyTalk platform. Processes webcast/webinar registrations and delivers webcast/webinar access info. Records, analyzes and distributes results from session surveys. Markets all trainings on NGMA social media sites.
- ANNUAL TRAINING SUPPORT: Provides on-site support and assists Executive Director, Education Director and Education Committee Chair as needed. Assists with the production of training program. Markets training on NGMA social media sites. Sets up and manages online registration processes, including registrations, confirmations, refunds, discounts, inquiries, etc. Processes all name badges, attendance sheets, certificates, invoices, and evaluations. Prepares attendee roster for CAPP partners. Sets up event, including all signage and collaterals. Compiles and distributes training welcome bags for attendees. Transmits presentations and recordings to attendees. Tabulates CPEs, creates, and send certificates. Records, analyzes, and distributes results of session-specific and conference-wide evaluations.
- BOARD OF DIRECTORS/STAFF/COMMITTEE VOLUNTEERS SUPPORT: Works with all NGMA Board of Directors, staff, committee volunteers, and NGMA members, in a timely and professional manner, by telephone, email and mail.
- CREDENTIALING EXAM: Provides support to the Certified Grants Management Specialist (CGMS) Committee and Executive Director, including assisting with managing NGMA’s credentialing exam in-house by coordinating and tracking renewal reminders, re-take opportunities, certificate awarding and CPE collection.
- Assists with other projects as assigned.
Candidate will preferably live in the Washington, DC, Virginia or Maryland area. NGMA's Executive Director works in Sterling, VA.