More about Association Services Group:
Association Services Group is an association management company located in LaGrange, Georgia. With 13 full service nonprofit clients, ASG’s mission is to deliver the highest level of management services to associations. Most associations are professional or trade associations, serving the respective needs of their industries, i.e. education, professional improvement, advocacy, networking, member programs. www.associationservicesgroup.net
More about this position:
The purpose of this position is to aid and serve as a client team member serving associations including, but not limited to: the Georgia Self Storage Association (GASSA), and the Georgia Fruit & Vegetable Growers Association (GFVGA) and general communications for ASG.
Requires organized, confident, self-starting individual with strong communication, project management, and customer service skills. ASG client associations will often have offsite meetings in Atlanta or out of state. Individual must be able to serve as meeting host, positively interact with members, manage conflict on site at events, and maintain the ultimate customer service attitude to well represent ASG.
Fluency in Microsoft Excel and Word required. High school diploma required, college degree a plus.
ASG Office Culture:
Association Services Group brings together a diverse group of professionals with varied backgrounds to serve our associations’ needs in a fast paced environment. Our team works with a wide range of associations representing industries like agriculture, healthcare, higher education and public policy advocacy. Our culture is one of inclusion, professional development, and willingness to learn and share.
Samantha Kilgore- Executive Director, GASSA, GWA, AAEA; ASG , GFVGA Director of Communications
Preferred Skills and Abilities:
- Computer proficiency– familiarity with email communication programs preferred (mail chimp, constant contact,)
- Project management experience
- Meeting coordination experience
- Self-starter – must be able to self-manage and prioritize programs accordingly
- Attention to detail is a must
- Critical thinking skills required to anticipate board wants and needs
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Ability to handle multiple projects and priorities
Daily Tasks Could Include:
- Member Services- answering phones, member renewals, online support for membership, member recruitment campaigns. Interacting with board members, processing requests for information;
- Communications – email newsletter creation and distribution; social media management, marketing project management, printed publication coordination; press release development; copy writing;
- Meeting Coordination – location selection, meal planning, create and set up online and paper registration, preparation of onsite supplies (stuff name badges, print registration list); event marketing – planning schedule of emails and reminders etc.
- (see more detail under the Duties & Responsibilities section)
To apply for this job, submit resume, up to 3 references and any applicable work examples to firstname.lastname@example.org.