School/Unit: School of Medicine
Rank: Associate Professor
Department: Internal Medicine
Purpose of Position:
This position is a clinician faculty position, with additional expertise in advanced endoscopy procedures, to function with the Division of Gastroenterology, Hepatology & Nutrition at Virginia Commonwealth University.
1.Clinical – Provide clinical services in the gastroenterology clinics at VCUHS, to include both clinics on the MCVH campus and in gastroenterology outreach locations; participate in the inpatient management of patients with GI conditions, with specific expertise in the diagnosis and management of pancreatic disorders; participate in attending on the Digestive Health service at VCUHS; perform general and advanced therapeutic and diagnostic endoscopic procedures.
2.Teaching – Provide teaching to medical students, residents, and fellows in the management of patients with GI conditions, with specific expertise in the diagnosis and management of pancreatic disorders; provide training in advanced diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopy.
- Board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology
- Must be facile with general and advanced endoscopy
- Must have proven expertise in the diagnosis and management of pancreatic disorders
- Current license to practice medicine in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff and student environment or commitment to do so as faculty member at VCU.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.