Central Washington University
To apply for a job at Central Washington University, please go to careers.cwu.edu. Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Job ID 1401
Full/Part Time Full-Time
This position will be responsible for designing original artwork, producing illustrative graphics for print or online use, managing brand, and printing of creative materials for various communication purposes. This position will lead staff and interface with all levels of faculty, staff, and students in order to articulate and direct the application of the CWU and University Advancement brands in various graphic environments.
- Design and produce graphic projects such as brochures, manuals, invitations, programs, advertisements, displays, forms, letterhead, envelopes, business cards, charts, signs and other materials using graphic design/page layout, illustration and photo manipulation software taking into account intended use, audience, cost estimates, and distribution.
- Webpage design, layout and content management.
- Prepare finalized artwork for reproduction and shipment to printer.
- Answer printer questions about printing specifications.
- Monitor jobs through printing stage.
- Review press proofs and perform press checks as needed.
- Work with printers to resolve printing problems.
- Provide printing specifications (paper stock, ink (single and multi-color press work), folding, scoring, embossing, engraving and binding) for projects and place printing orders with on-campus and off-campus printers.
- Ensure compliance with university standards, logo use, and ADA requirements, mailroom approval, basic design, typesetting standards, etc. for assigned projects.
Planning and Consultation:
- Develop strong branding and communications strategies and designs to be used in digital and/or print communications and materials for expanding the UA brand, alumni, community and donor relations, internal and relations and marketing efforts.
- Provide independent graphic design consultation and technical support for digital and print collateral to campus clients, which include staff, faculty and students.
- Manage client relations, including explaining the effective use of graphic design and production costs, offer ideas, suggestions and information on techniques and content as it pertains to producing communications.
- Assign, check work and provide training to student employees. May provide feedback to supervisor to assist with work assignments and job performance.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in graphic design or a related field AND professional experience in graphic design OR an equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated expertise in Adobe products, including InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to modify graphics for a variety of audiences and mediums including websites, digital ads, e-communications, video boards, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Two-to-five years of professional experience in graphic design.
- Experience and understanding of informational architecture and demonstrated expertise in user-experience design pertaining to websites and mobile devices.
- Experience in designing for print publications and working with print vendors.
- Experience using HTML, Flash, and Fireworks, as well as understanding of page schematics.
- Experience working in an academic environment.
- Strong proofreading skills.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
Salary: Dependent upon qualifications and experience
Schedule/Appointment: Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch)
Working Conditions: Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
Benefits: CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
How To Apply
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training;
- Samples of related work; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: June 5, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Name: Annie Young
Title: Director, University Advancement Communications
Phone: (509) 963-2847
Website: University Advancement
Please contact Human Resources at email@example.com or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
Conditions of Employment
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.