This position provides high-level executive support to the Associate Dean for Medical Education to enable him/her to be maximally productive and effective. The Executive Assistant is the first point of contact for the Associate Dean and regularly deals with complex scheduling and planning of highly sensitive/confidential matters. The Executive Assistant serves as the central point of contact for all Medical School visitors and phone calls to the main Administration Suite. In addition, he/she will assist the Admissions Department on 31 Interview days (September-March) with coordinating and directing approximately 375 prospective students as needed. Further, he/she will work closely with the Medical Education staff to schedule all the academic space needs and with the Events Manager, (BioMed Facilities)on non-academic related, high profile events (seminars, conferences, University events, and public/community events) held at the medical school. Additionally, this position provides administrative support to the Director of Medical School Administration to enable him/her to be maximally productive and effective.
- Required: Associates Degree with 2-4 years of administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: Bachelorâ??s Degree
- Excellent communication skills - both verbally and written
- Excellent attention to detail and accuracy in work
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Preferred experience in a fast-paced, academic setting
- Confidentiality a must
- Excellent interpersonal skills required
- Computer proficiency, Microsoft Office(Excel, Word, Powerpoint), Google Calendars required
- Experience with website software (Drupal), Google Docs, preferred
- Independent judgment to research/analyze data and independently complete special projects as necessary.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
Criminal background and education check required
Recruiting Start Date:2017-05-15-07:00
Job Posting Title:Executive Assistant
Department:Warren Alpert Medical School
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.