NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a FGP Billing Rep (40).
In this role, the successful candidate Analyzes,computes, bills, follows-up, corrects, and enters claim information in the billing system as assigned by management; billing; English usage, grammar, and spelling; basic math.
- Attends all required training classes; escalates issues to management as needed; maintains confidentiality; reads and applies policies and procedures to make appropriate decisions; works with minimal supervision; coordinates functions and works cooperatively with others; explains processes and procedures to others; performs other related duties as assigned;
- Participates in workgroups and meetings;
- Ensures that work complies with operational policies and procedures, and regulatory requirements;
- Uses payer websites, billing system and/or communicates with providers, patients, coders, or other responsible persons, to ensure the correctness and completeness of charges and claims, or to follow-up on accounts receivable to ensure that items in assigned work queue(s) are resolved within required timeframes;
- Completes monthly action plans;
- Review reports to identify revenue opportunities and unpaid claims;
- Enters account notes using standard formatting;
- Follows workflows provided in training classes and requests additional training as needed;
- Identifies payer and provider credentialing issues and addresses them with management;
- Performs daily tasks in assigned workqueues and according to manager assignments;
- Provides input on system edits, processes, policies, and billing procedures to ensure maximization of revenues;
- Performs billing tasks assigned by management which may include data entry, claim review, charge review, accounts receivable follow-up, or other related responsibilities.
To qualify you must have a Experience in medical billing, accounts receivable, insurance, or related duties; or formal training or education in medical billing that provides the required knowledge and abilities. H.S. Diploma,. Knowledge of: Current Procedures Codes (CPT) and International Class of Diseases Codes (ICD9) utilized in medical billing; medical billing software; healthcare billing including Medicare, Medicaid, or other third party payers; terminology utilized in medical
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.