NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Clinical Pharmacotherapy Specialist.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible to fulfill the core values and mission of NYU Langone Medical Center and incorporate them into the performance of duties.
- Maintains professional competency and certification
- Identifies and provides expertise for Medication Use Evaluations
- Responsible for Pharmacy Resident precepting; Pharmacy student mentoring; and Scholarly activity.
- Hospital committee involvement, as identified and assigned by the Director of Clinical Pharmacy Services.
- Clinical intervention, adverse drug reaction, and medication error documentation and reporting.
- Develops and implements clinical practice guidelines that will enhance pharmaceutical care and medication safety.
- Evaluates and reports measures of patient encounter productivity and identifies methods to enhance efficiency of such encounters.
- Identifies and develops policies and procedures that optimize the pharmacy operations while meeting accreditation standards and applicable regulations.
- Contribute to professional development of staff, including Pharmacists and Clinical Pharmacists.
- Provides oversight for quality assurance of clinical pharmacy programs to improve quality of care.
- To fulfill the core values and mission of NYU Langone Medical Center and incorporate them into the performance of duties. Develop and maintain a high-level clinical pharmacy practice
- Participate in multidisciplinary bedside rounds
- Pharmacotherapeutic and pharmacokinetic and pharmacoeconomics consultation
- Medical response team, airway, stroke and acute coronary syndrome pager response
- Patient admission histories
- Transition of care involvement
- Patient and Caregiver medication counseling
- Participate in educational initiatives
To qualify you must have a Doctor of Pharmacy degree from an ACPE accredited school of pharmacy. New York State Pharmacist Licensure. PGY1 pharmacy residency training. PGY2 pharmacy residency training or equivalent salaried professorship at a school of pharmacy. Board certification in Pharmacotherapy or other specialty is required within 18 months of hire. Self motivation, good communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills..
Required Licenses: Pharmacist License-NYS
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.