| GENERAL DUTIES|
* Under supervision, performs miscellaneous clerical, administrative, research or other work related to the operation of a College or other unit where such work is required on a part-time basis or for a period of limited duration.
* There is one Assignment Level for this position. All personnel perform related work. This specification describes typical assignments; related duties may be assigned asneeded.
* Maximum tenure for any employee in this hourly position is 1040 hours per year.
* Performs routine clerical work; may answer and attend to telephone calls; maintain records,operate office machines (such as copier), sort and distribute mail, issue keys and identity cards,act as messenger, and perform related tasks as required.
* Types letters, memoranda, charts, and similar materials.
* Acts as cashier.
* Assists in statistical or research activities. May collect and compile data, code data for computer entry, perform data entry, and run computer reports.
* Performs clerical library work, such as sorting and shelving books, performing data entry into library systems, or binding books and periodicals.
* Assists in instructional programs, including tutoring and assisting students in areas such as reading and mathematics. May assist in speech and hearing therapy, provide musical accompaniment, and/or distribute and collect physical education equipment.
* Enters and maintains departmental records such as inventory control records, rosters, directories, and schedules.
* May operate computers, computer software, and other electronic equipment in performing assigned tasks.CONTRACT TITLECollege AssistantFLSANon-exemptCAMPUS SPECIFIC INFORMATIONJohn Jay College of Criminal Justice, a senior college of the City University of New York (CUNY), is an internationally recognized leader in educating for justice, committed to the advancement of justice and just societies. It is a public liberal arts college that enriches the entire learning experience by highlighting themes of justice across the arts, sciences, humanities, and social sciences. Located steps from LincolnCenter at the cultural heart of New York City, the College offers bachelors and masters degrees and participates in the doctoral programs of the Graduate School of the City University of New York. John Jay College is also recognized for serving a broadly diverse student population. Under the leadership of its fourth president, Jeremy Travis, John Jay College has experienced unprecedented faculty hiring, an expansion of its curricular offerings, and the opening in 2011 of a new 600,000 square foot building complete with a black-box theatre, state-of-the-art lab space for students and faculty, a moot courtroom, and a variety of virtual learning settings. As evidenced by so many on-going developments, the College offers its many new faculty and staff the opportunity to shape the future of their institution.The College Assistant will report to the Director of Compliance and Diversity and will work, in part, with the College's Committee on Diversity and Inclusion to promote and assess matters concerning diversity on campus. Additionally, the College Assistant will collaborate with the Committee Chair and the Director of Compliance and Diversity to support research and assist with programming and resource development and outreach.This position will also assist the Director of Compliance and Diversity with data management as well as some administrative support in EEO and Title IX case management.Day-to-day tasks include:
* Coordinate and support the new Diversity-related programs and workshops.
* Provide support to the action teams within the Committee on Diversity as they carry out their work.
* Assist with the development of web and print resources.
* Organize data for deliverables, such as projects or presentations.
* Sit in on interviews and take clear notes.
* Coordinate appointments and maintain confidentiality.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
* Must demonstrate sufficient skills to perform the duties of the assigned tasks.OTHER QUALIFICATIONS
* Recent graduates and graduate students seeking part-time work are welcome to apply.
* Possess knowledge of diversity issues.
* Effectively interact with people in a diverse environment; courtesy is a must.
* Proficient in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Discretion in handling confidential information required.COMPENSATIONThis is a part-time position of up to 20 hours per week within three days but scheduling of the days can be worked out. Hourly rate is commensurate with experience and qualifications but begins at $15 per hour. Appointment is on a per semester basis and subject to budgetary and renewal approval.BENEFITSCUNY offers a comprehensive benefits package to employees and eligible dependents based on job title and classification. Employees are also offered pension and Tax-Deferred Savings Plans. Part-time employees must meet a weekly or semester work hour criteria to be eligible for health benefits. Health benefits are also extended to retirees who meet the eligibility criteria.HOW TO APPLYIf you are viewing this job posting in CUNYFirst, please click "Apply Now" below.Otherwise please follow these instructions:
* Go to www.cuny.edu and click on "Employment."
* Click "Search job listings"
* Click on "More options to search for CUNY jobs"
* Search by job opening ID number 16773
* Click on the "Apply Now" button and follow the instructionsUpload your cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of three professional references as one file.CLOSING DATEMay 29, 2017. Review of resumes to begin May 19, 2017.JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Support StaffEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* John Jay College*Job Title:
* College Assistant (Hourly) - Division of Compliance and Diversity*Job ID:
* 16773*Full/Part Time: