Under general supervision, perform a variety of secretarial, clerical and receptionist duties following established guidelines, policies and procedures.
- Type memos, reports, and forms from rough draft or assembled materials by use of typewriter, dictating machine, and word processing equipment.
- Using manual or computer assisted means, sort, file, and retrieve correspondence, documents, projects, and other materials numerically, alphabetically or by other predetermined classifications.
- Perform appropriate computer functions necessary to the overall function of this position including the use of multi computer systems to order and log-in items or information, enter corresponding information after accurately calculating increments to be input, and compile statistical reports as required.
- Proof correspondence, papers, and reports for clerical and mathematical accuracy, completeness, and ensure compliance with well- established standards and procedures.
- Perform as a receptionist by receiving all incoming correspondence for information and route telecommunication calls properly, take and deliver messages, greet and direct patients, visitors, and others to correct destination.
- Sort and distribute mail and prepare outgoing correspondence. Deliver departmental materials as necessary.
- Coordinate transportation services for patients as needed. Maintain confidentiality regarding employee and/or patient information at all times.
- Schedule appointments and meetings for appropriate staff including making airline/hotel reservations as requested.
- Provide orientation to new employees of the department as to own job function.
- Monitor office supplies in work area to ensure adequate inventory level; and advise supervisor of malfunctioning office equipment. Maintain designated work area in a safe, clean, and orderly manner.
- Perform other related duties as directed that correspond to the overall function of this position.
- One year of clerical experience.
- Personal computer experience to include working knowledge of word processing, spread sheets and other software.
- Must be able to type 40 words per minute (WPM) and possess well- developed communication and telephone skills.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
About SSM St. Anthony's Hospital
St. Anthony Hospital is a 601-bed regional referral facility specializing in cardiology, oncology, surgery and behavioral medicine. The hospital, established in 1898, is located in Midtown Oklahoma City and serves the needs of Central Oklahoma, as well as many counties throughout Oklahoma, through its large rural affiliate network of hospitals. Four St. Anthony Healthplex campuses provide convenient emergency and outpatient service access to the outlying communities of the metropolitan area. St. Anthony added urgent care services in May 2015 at St. Anthony North. St. Anthony has received numerous awards including the Oklahoma Quality Award for Excellence, Certified Healthy Business, Premier QUEST® Award for High-value Healthcare Citation of Merit, among others. Healthsights ranks St. Anthony at performance levels for quality and patient satisfaction higher than local competitors and many national health care organizations.