· Works under the direction and supervision of the RN and/or physician and is responsible for triage, phlebotomy, IV access, 12 Lead EKG, glucose meter testing
· Assists and/or performs sterile procedures
· Documents activities encompassing the entire patient population from newborns to elderly.
· Accurately collects, processes and maintains medical record data, answer patient call lights/requests, answering phone and contacting physicians as needed.
· Delegated patient care functions may be assigned.
· High School diploma/GED required.
· Paramedic or EMT class completed and/or currently enrolled in RN or LPN program (following completion of first year) required.
· BCLS provider.
· Recent EMT experience preferred.
· ACLS preferred.
· Strong data entry skills required.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills, as well as ability to pay close attention to detail required.
· Must have strong interpersonal skills necessary to represent Lakeland Regional Health System (LRHS).
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build cooperative working relationships with all staff members, patient families, and visitors required.
· Must be alert and make sound independent judgments.