| Macquarie Capital is a leading global Venture Capital investor, with a focus that includes Cybersecurity software companies. Macquarie Capital is seeking an experienced Executive to take on a joint role as CISO as well as supporting the Venture Capital team's investment activities. |
Your role will include:
Working with existing Cyber Security start-up and growth companies;
- assisting with growth strategies and partnering opportunities for Macquarie Capital's existing portfolio of Cybersecurity software companies
- providing input and insights into product road-map development and the competitive landscape
- contributing to the development of optimum go-to-market models
Working with the Macquarie Capital Venture Capital Investment Team to identify new Cybersecurity opportunities;
- bringing an intimate and strategic understanding of Cybersecurity trends and the underlying core technologies, to assist with investment decision-making
- utilising a strong global network with thought-leaders to understand the Cybersecurity landscape
- working with the investment team to undertake comprehensive technical and marketing due diligence, including assessing the technical and entrepreneurial expertise of the management teams
Working with Macquarie Group's global Cybersecurity Team focussing on the Macquarie Capital division;
- developing a unified strategy for Information Security, reflecting the organisation's risk appetite
- establishing and overseeing appropriate governance and processes within Macquarie Capital to realise Macquarie's Information Security goals
- understanding and educating Macquarie Capital on the Information Security threat landscape
- liaising with subject matter experts on Information Security matters
- identifying Information Security gaps and evaluating with IT or other stakeholders, options for remediation
- presenting assessment results and options to the business, including steps for resolution
- working with the business to close Information Security gaps or initiate risk acceptance
- defining and maintaining a listing of critical business process and systems within an Information Security and Cybersecurity context
- driving Cybersecurity awareness programmes within Macquarie Capital in conjunction with the group Information Security awareness syllabus
To be successful in this role, we would expect candidates to bring 5-10 years' Cybersecurity experience, a CISSP certification, deep domain expertise across Cybersecurity solutions, as well as a good overarching understanding of Cybersecurity concepts. We'll also need you to have a strong technical background, a genuine interest in the underlying technologies driving innovation in this space, and technical expertise in one of more of the following:
- operating systems, network, endpoint (including mobile devices) or database security
- security assurance activities such as penetration testing, code scanning, red teaming, hunting and research, vulnerability assessment and management
- application security including building and developing secure applications, understanding of common web and application vulnerabilities
- engineering and/or administration of complex off the shelf security products and solutions
- cloud: SaaS, IaaS or PaaS environments
Additional experience across a range of enterprises (both supply and customer) and across industries (e.g. financial services, government) is advantageous, as are:
- security core certifications such as SANS, SABSA, CISM, PCI QSA, CREST or vendor certifications
- entrepreneurial background based on being involved with start-ups or technology companies generally or with Cybersecurity start-ups
- creative thinker, including ability to think outside the box
- understanding of regulatory and industry drivers impacting technology.
- experience mentoring teams in the technology space
- track record of delivering Enterprise-wide Information Security initiatives
- proven track record with a leadership style that takes ownership, accountability and responsibility for team/role/function/own deliverables
- proven ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic and results-driven environment
If the above sounds like the right opportunity to further your career, apply here or get in touch with email@example.com for more information.
Macquarie Capital provides advisory and capital raising services to corporate and government clients involved in public mergers and acquisitions, private treaty acquisitions and divestments, debt and equity fund raising and corporate restructuring. It also undertakes principal investing activities globally in support of its client activities.
Advisory activities are divided into industry groups, reflecting key areas of expertise. With staff in 37 offices across 22 locations, Macquarie Capital is a truly global business. A role in the team will expose you to a dynamic working environment and the opportunity to contribute to high-profile transactions whilst working in a business with the best people in the industry.
Find out more about Macquarie careers at www.macquarie.com/careers
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Advertised: 15 May 2017 AUS Eastern Standard Time