MiFID II Funds Business Analyst
The Strategy and Execution Group aims to effect and support change for its partners within JPM Asset Management Global Investment Management (GIM), as well as engaging and partnering with other lines of business within the Group.
The MiFID II team aims to implement the new Markets in Financial Instruments Directive and Regulation across Global Investment Management. The team is responsible for
- Identification of rules in partnership with legal and compliance,
- Completion of a business impact assessment and gap analysis
- Policy advocacy with regulators and industry participants,
- Strategy definition and the end to end project management through implementation.
Additionally, the group will assist in the development of new products, systems processes in response to regulatory changes.
Business Analyst - The Role:
We are looking for a high calibre Business Analyst/Project Manager to join our team.
The candidate must have considerable Business Analyst experience: Strong background and experience of UK/Luxembourg Funds & Investment Trusts, resolution of issues and delivery of complex issues; product solution design and governance; previous experience of working on regulatory projects. The candidate is expected to take ownership of assigned work stream(s), leading analysis and working collaboratively and flexibly with the project team and business stakeholders.
- Work with the business to identify solutions for the enhancement, development and implementation of scalable and robust operating models and solutions, ensuring alignment to strategic business initiatives
- Provide the mechanisms for the effective assessment of operational capabilities and capacity for new business opportunities
- Understand and transform new business requirements in to operational models
- Work in partnership with Technology to ensure that business requirements are translated into technical specifications and systematic solutions where required
- Work with product partners to ensure operational readiness around acceptance of new requirements and technology
- Take ownership to coordinate, manage and ensure the delivery of key activities required for successful delivery of the initiative
- Document Target Operating Models, solutions, use cases etc.
- Effective issue escalation management - identify, maintain and monitor key risks and issues
- Stakeholder management - effective communication and regular status reporting to the sponsor and key business stakeholders
- Socializing new product models through written and presentation updates
- Coordination with the business teams to ensure operating model design, build and implementation is accepted and approved by all business stakeholders, before go live of the initiative - obtain full operating model sign off.
- Producing relevant meeting materials as required i.e. agendas, plans, models, project documents, presentations and proposals.
- Produces clear and succinct written communications and knows how to think through and frame messages for different audiences
Skills & Attributes:
- Understanding of commercial, financial and legislative/regulatory requirements
- Preferably a Product subject matter expert
- Demonstrable experience writing business requirements specifications for information systems
- Experience of requirements analysis frameworks and modeling methodologies
- Aptitude at relationship building with all types of stakeholders, with good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team in a multi-discipline environment and in a matrix organization
- Experience in cross-functional teams e.g. across change management, business and 3rd party vendors
- Demonstrates accountability and responsibility for one's work environment through the consistent respect for different points of view
- Must be a "team player" with a can-do attitude
- Preferably intermediate or advanced level in all MS office applications including MS Visio
- Previous MiFID II knowledge would be an advantage, but not essential