Cross Rates Institutional Sales Job Description
Overview of Global Markets:
Global Markets combines the sales, trading and structuring of a wide range of financial markets products.This incorporates Debt Trading, including FX, Rates, Credit, Structured Finance and Emerging Markets; Equities and equity-linked products; Exchange-traded and over-the-counter derivatives and Money Market and securitized instruments.Coverage of institutional clients is provided by the Institutional Client Group, while Research provides analysis of markets, products and trading strategies for clients.
In the world's financial markets, Deutsche Bank CIB: Markets is an acknowledged leader. We regularly win awards and top industry polls for our high-performing investment banking products and services. Our 6,400 employees around the world have a reputation for being highly focused. We provide clients with unique insights, vast experience and an unparalleled level of service.
The Cross Rates Sales role is responsible for originating, developing, and growing Deutsche Bank's high opportunity institutional accounts across all cross rates asset classes. With approximately 1,500 professionals world-wide, the DB institutional client group (ICG) is able to access the global capabilities of Deutsche Bank in the service of client interests across all product categories including Credit, Rates, Equities, Money Markets, FX and Commodities; in both underlying & derivative form. ICG is committed to a client-focused strategy which begins with understanding client needs across the investment spectrum. ICG professionals are able to offer optimal solutions, engineered to the specific requirements of each individual client.
- Sell cross rates assets to investors and financial institutions to achieve their desired issuing, hedging, and investment objectives
- Proactively deepen existing relationships by regularly providing market content and analysis, product updates and identifying cross-sell opportunities
- Make prospecting phone calls on a daily basis to uncover opportunities and develop new clients
- Actively maintain a list of prospective clients with detailed profile information segmented by product interest and opportunity size to ultimately grow efficiencies
- Identify opportunities to increase electronic execution via DB's Autobahn electronic execution platform or other forms of EMS.
Successful candidates would have:
- Minimum of 7-10 years of industry experience
- Series 7 or 63 licenses a plus
- Bachelors Degree
- Prior rates sales experience covering hedge funds, banks, and dealers is a plus
- Experience with interest rates derivatives products
- Rates institutional sales and/or trading required
- Knowledge of Derivatives and SWAPS
- Interest Rate Trading is a plus
- Strong communication skills, feel comfortable speaking with traders and sales force
- Proven fixed income sales skills with track history.
- Preferably prior institutional sales experience from a bulge bracket Wall Street firm.
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills is a plus
** At Deutsche Bank, we are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action (M/F/D/V) employer