Coordinate and participate in the development, distribution and maintenance of the contract documentation to ensure conformance with internal and external deliverables guidelines, schedules, and project scope. Position serves as coordinator during all project phases working in conjunction with the allocated design staff both internal and external, consultants, owner, contractor, and agencies to ensure proper documentation.
The Job Captain reports to the Director of Projects – Design on project related issues. Various levels of the Design and Architecture team can take direction from the Creative Director on project related issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Interpret concept, schematic, or design development phase exhibits including renderings, images or rough sketches and produce phase appropriate drawing and related deliverables.
- Review design intent to acquire understanding of design direction with both designer and project manager.
- Coordinate technical efforts of design and production team, consultants, owner, contractor, and agencies in finalizing and documenting the project.
- Maintain journal and records of submittals, samples, shop drawings, etc. and ensure that the aforementioned are reviewed, approved and communicated by the appropriate team members in a timely manner.
- Ensure that proper team members provide answers, drawings, clarifications in a timely manner during all project phases.
- Ensure graphic quality and consistency of contract documentation in regards to office CAD standards.
- Review staff/hour schedule allocations for weekly status reports for Production Team (Job Captain/Project Coordinator and CAD Specialist) with the Project Leadership Team (Senior Interior Designer, Interior Designer and Project Manager - Design) as applicable.
- Maintain contact with and among the contractors, quality/quantity surveyor, architects, engineers and all other involved parties for technical coordination.
- Review proposed design drawings for constructability and that they are documented accordingly.
- Review contract documentation details for constructability.
- Review documentation (drawings, specifications, finish/fixture/door schedules) for conformance to all applicable building, health, energy, electrical, mechanical and plumbing codes, accessibility guidelines and laws, fire and life safety regulations and notify applicable senior team remembers regarding deficiencies and irregularities.
- Maintain knowledge of contractual scope of work and monitor same during contract documentation and field observation phases and inform project manager of any deviations.
- Identify any request or potential scope deviations and notify project manager and/or principle so that appropriate responses may be generated.
OTHER IMPORTANT DUTIES:
- Participate in the establishment and maintenance of design standards for the firm.
- Keep abreast of new hospitality industry trends that may influence design scheme.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.