VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center, one of the largest private specialty referral practices in Northern California, is seeking an internship trained or experienced Associate Veterinarian to join our team in the role of General Practice/Emergency Veterinarian.
Our state of the art facility is AAHA accredited and open 24 hours a day, 365 days per year. We are proud of our collegial work environment and team of doctors and staff who are focused on providing the highest quality patient care. The ideal candidate will have an interest in building relationships with clients and staff, but also is comfortable in an urgent care/emergency role as this position will work in both departments as needed. An additional perk to working in this hospital is access to board certified specialists in Emergency/Critical Care, Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Neurology, Oncology, Radiology, and Surgery. VCA SVRC has a strong internship program with many advancing to residencies. Teaching, mentoring and participating in the interns’ professional development would be expected from any candidate.
The Sacramento region has an ideal year round climate with numerous recreational options, including hiking, mountain biking, water sports, skiing, wine tasting, and camping. It is only an hour and a half drive from San Francisco, Lake Tahoe, or Napa Valley with all their accompanying activities. It is also a large metropolitan city with a small town feel. There are many world-class restaurants, fun outdoor cafes, and art theaters to visit in Sacramento.
As a member of the VCA family, your passion for medicine and compassion for pets and people is matched with a commitment to your professional growth. Among the reasons to consider joining VCA are:
- Network of 3,800+ doctors, including more than 600 Specialists.
- Largest provider of Private Practice Internships and Residencies in the U.S.
- WOOF University, offering abundant CE for Doctors and Staff.
- Robust Clinical Studies program.
- Opportunities to give back through strong Shelter partnerships and VCA Charities.
VCA Sacramento Veterinary Referral Center adds value to your compensation package with the following:
- Competitive salary plus bonus potential.
- Medical, Dental & Vision insurance.
- Generous CE allowance.
- Opportunity to teach and mentor.
- Life and Long Term Disability insurance
- Professional Liability coverage.
If interested in this opportunity, please click here. You will be taken to the job description on VCAJobs.com, where you can learn more and apply online.