International Education and Study Away Internship
The Williams College Office of International Education and Study Away welcomes applications from current graduate students in international education, higher education administration, or a related program for a summer internship. This is a part-time (20 hrs/week), 10 week, temporary position beginning June 2017. The internship provides practical experience to current graduate students interested in pursuing a career in international education, student support services, or higher education administration.
Reporting to the Director of International Education and Study Away, the intern will provide support for administrative processes and program planning for the coming academic year. This will include review and revision of current pre-departure and re-entry processes as well as website communications.
- Review and revise pre-departure and re-entry materials as well as other advising resources.
- Support with planning outreach events for the coming academic year.
- Website support during transition to new program platform.
- Administrative support as needed.
- Applicants must be current graduate students in good standing in international education or higher education administration.
- Applicants must have completed at least one semester of relevant course work prior to the start date of the internship.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Prezi, and Google Docs.
The review of applications will begin immediately, and continue until the position is filled.
In addition to discussing your qualifications for the position in your cover letter, please address how your education has prepared you for this position and what experience you are hoping to gain.
Employment at Williams is contingent on the verification of background information submitted by the applicant, including the completion of a criminal record check, and education when applicable.
To apply for this position, please visit http://staff-careers.williams.edu. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us via phone at (413) 597-4247 or email at email@example.com.
Williams College is a coeducational liberal arts institution located in the Berkshire Hills of western Massachusetts. The college has built its reputation on outstanding teaching and scholarship and on the academic excellence of its approximately 2,000 students. Please visit the Williams College website (http://www.williams.edu).
Beyond meeting fully its legal obligations for non-discrimination, Williams College is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community where members from all backgrounds can live, learn and thrive.