Under the general supervision of the Executive Director, the Associate Director of Admissions and Programs assumes the following primary responsibilities for the Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) Program:
(1) work with the Executive Director in planning, developing, and implementing recruiting programs and activities;
(2) actively recruit prospective applicants to the MSBA, planning and representing the MSBA Program at career fairs, informational panels and recruiting events;
(3) evaluate applicants for admission to the MSBA Program, including review candidates' application packages, interview applicants for potential admission, analyze and present written recommendations for each application read and each interview conducted;
(4) maintain a historical detailed database of applicants as well as develop and analyze annual statistical and historical reports for recruiting activities;
(5) serve as a public relations agent in promoting the MSBA Program to prospective candidates. This responsibility includes meeting with potential applicants to discuss the program and evaluate their fit (provide resume review and advice on how to strengthen their candidacy);
(6) monitor applicants' and admitted students' progress in terms of preparing for the rigorous MSBA Program;
(7) interface with the Graduate Division on special cases of applicants whom we would like to admit but do not normally qualify for under current Graduate Division policy. Follow up on these cases through final action;
(8) general student affairs management for a class of up to 70 students;
(9) management of MSBA special events including admission and career recruiting events, workshops, orientation and graduation;
(10) fostering collegial relationships with MSBA applicants, students, faculty, administrators, employers, and external vendors.
The Associate Director works independently and as a fully-participating member of a management team to deliver a wide range of services to students, faculty and senior management.