The primary responsibility of the HRIS Specialist is to act as the main contact for Nixon Peabody’s HRIS system from a business process and functionality perspective. This includes junior level customer support for existing functionality, internal communications, upgrades, and report writing via the HRIS system.
A career at Nixon Peabody is the opportunity to do work that matters. It’s the chance to use your knowledge to shape what’s ahead. To share, to innovate, to learn at a firm that taps the power of collective thinking.
We’ve created a dynamic, energizing environment that promotes success for our clients and each other. We offer fast growth, connectedness and training in business as well as law. And our rigorous standards assure you are part of a diverse team of top talent at every turn.
If you’re someone who’s looking toward the future, we’d love to hear from you.
Location: Rochester, NY
- Under the direction of the Director of Compensation & HRIS, oversee the HRIS system including security, communication, and documentation.
- Provide assistance in identifying and resolving system issues. Serve as a resource to users to answer questions about accessing, using or entering data into the system.
- Work with all departments on data reporting requests, including but not limited to, RFP’s, surveys, demographic and diversity reporting, and Ad-hoc requests.
- Manage PPACA compliance and reporting.
- Maintain and update all benefit plan level information in the HRIS system, including all programming for annual open enrollment.
- Communicate HRIS system improvements and updates.
- Provide and support the implementation of business solutions to enhance performance and create efficiencies within the firm.
- Provides project support to Regional HR and firm offices.
- Supports Change Management activities required for implementation and deployment of HRIS.
- Support Time and Attendance system.
- Serve as back-up to HRIS Administrator to support EEO and AAP plans and provide information for RFP’s as appropriate.
- Exercise discretion and maintains confidentiality in all aspects of the position.