HOURS PER WEEK: Exempt
The Portland Clinic, a multi-specialty medical clinic in Portland, Oregon, is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join the fast-paced environment of health care during a transformative period. The Portland Clinic is an independent clinic with a sterling reputation for clinical excellence, customer service and employee engagement. The Portland Clinic has a staff of more than 600 and six branches serving 90,000 patients in the region.
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Responsible for partnering with staff and board leadership to ensure the financial success of The Portland Clinic. CFO oversees team of professionals who handle the daily financial functions of the clinic. CFO analyzes current trends, proposes new tactics, measures results and recommends improvements. CFO works closely with CEO, COO, and other executives on execution of the clinic’s strategic plan and is a key ex-officio member of the Executive Board of five Partner owners.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (*ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS)
1. Analyze financial trends in all aspects of the clinic operation and present findings and recommendations to the executive leadership team for discernment and action.*
2. Serve as an engaged participant on the Executive Chiefs Team, which guides the execution of The Portland Clinic Strategic Plan.*
3. Supervise team members as outlined in the TPC organizational chart. Ensure deadlines are met related to reporting, work queues, billing and accuracy.*
4. Maintain a positive team environment in these departments and conduct annual performance evaluations for all direct reports.*
5. Serve as the clinic’s chief liaison with critical contractors, including the clinic’s primary bank, its outside accountant, cost reduction analysis personnel, etc.*
6. Offer accurate, timely and insightful reports about the clinic finances to Executive Board. Also address all other issues related to finance that are on the agenda.*
7. Supervise the preparation of the annual clinic budget. Work with the controller and clinic supervisors on their portions of the budget.*
8. Calculate and ensure the accuracy of provider compensation. Effectively communicate changes in compensation. Use the Partner/owner compensation formula to calculate pay and bonuses for all participants. Calculate quarterly the estimated retirement plan contributions for Partners.*
9. Partner with team leaders on applications such as coverage for property, crime, D&O, Cyber, general liability, auto and ASC.*
10. Meet with associates interested in joining the partnership and calculate the impact of the partner formula and a comparison of their current status.*
11. Invest monies regularly based on cash flow following the clinic’s investment policy.*
12. Work closely with our outside auditors on the Clinic Annual Audit. Prepare necessary schedules and research all questions that they have based on their findings. Coordinate all tax filings with outside tax accountants.*
13. Prepare and offer timely, accurate and engaging presentations to all the Partners and Associates who attend at the Quarterly Clinic Partnership meetings.
14. Check the bond market regularly for our financing agreements.
15. Attend conferences and seminars that continually provide excellent information on the latest happenings and where we can generate more revenue or save additional cost.*
16. Address physician questions, comments, and concerns in a timely manner.*
17. Audit regularly the reports from health insurance plans related to risk pool settlements, to ensure their accuracy.
18. Oversee Capital Budget requests and the process for approval, in working closely with Purchasing and the Value Analysis Team.*
19. Assume projects given by the CEO or the Executive Board.
This information is designed to outline the essential functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.