ABOUT THE STEPHEN M. ROSS SCHOOL OF BUSINESS
The Stephen M. Ross School of Business at the University of Michigan is a diverse learning community grounded in the principle that business can be an extraordinary vehicle for positive change in today's dynamic global economy. The Ross School of Business mission is to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. Through thought and action, members of the Ross community drive change and innovation that improves business and society.Ross is consistently ranked among the world's leading business schools. Academic degree programs include the BBA, MBA, Part-time MBA (Evening and Weekend formats), Executive MBA, Global MBA, Master of Accounting, Master of Supply Chain Management, Master of Management, and PhD. In addition, the school delivers open-enrollment and custom executive education programs targeting general management, leadership development, and strategic human resource management.
About the Department
Global Initiatives sustains and grows the school's international engagement at all levels to better meet the mission to develop leaders who make a positive difference in the world. The department is led by the Managing Director of Global Initiatives and includes the Global Student Experience team. The Global Student Experience team’s current activities include student exchanges, short-term faculty-led courses, and international internships, but also prospective activities that provide further global experiences for Ross faculty and students.Global Initiatives also works to help Ross, as a whole, build its international activities, collaborations, and partnerships.
This position has primary responsibility to develop, manage, and evaluate global student experiences within Ross Global Initiatives. The manager plays a key role in forging and maintaining strong global partnerships and programs. The manager will also provide advisement to Ross students considering study abroad options, and will supervise individuals who play the primary student advisor role. This position reports to the Global Student Experience Director.
- Provide supervision and ongoing professional development for global education advisors and other support or temporary staff as needed.
- Create cohesion and synergy within Global Initiatives team through aligning processes and programs, and through positive and dynamic team leadership.
Program Development and Management
- Manage a portfolio of global programs from start to finish, including conceptualizing, organizing, marketing, applications and admissions, developing an ongoing evaluation process, reporting on results, managing balances and partnership issues.
- Develop and maintain relationships with multiple partner institutions and service providers, in concert with the Director.
- In concert with the Global Student Experience Director and others across Ross, this position will work to integrate students’ international experiences into the respective curricula.
- Travel internationally and domestically several times per year to meet with potential partners, attend and present at professional conferences, and assess potential and/or current collaborations and partnerships. The Manager may also travel with student programs as a staff lead.
- Implement high level program reviews and initiate process improvements to the programs on an ongoing basis.
- Act as content expert and coach in international education and help Ross students design, navigate and integrate their experiences.
- Respond to student, parent, faculty and staff inquiries during the various stages of off-campus program participation including pre-application, pre-departure, on-site, and post-experience.
Health and Safety Compliance/Emergency Response
- Ensure compliance with UM and Ross travel policies and requirements listed in our Standard Practice Guides.
- Participate in on-call emergency rotation and provide initial guidance and consultation for emergency issues involving student travelers. Advise on-the-ground responders as to the proper course of action in compliance with established UM policies and procedures.