ABOUT MERCY HIGH SCHOOL SAN FRANCISCO
Mercy High School, San Francisco, educates women to pursue lives of spiritual and intellectual depth, determination, and daring action to improve our world as an inclusive, Catholic, college preparatory community enlivened by the Gospel of Jesus and the charism of the Sisters of Mercy.
We are the “Social Advocacy Based Learning” Catholic school of the San Francisco Bay Area where women graduate with fierce determination to improve their world.
For more information about Mercy High School, visit www.mercyhs.org
The Chief Advancement Officer (CAO) oversees all external relations and philanthropic efforts for Mercy High School San Francisco including development, alumnae relations, and marketing/communications. The CAO has primary responsibility for directing a comprehensive development program and building a philanthropic culture designed to ensure the sustainable fulfillment of Mercy’s mission.
The Chief Advancement Officer reports to the Head of School and sits on the Executive Leadership Team (ELT) with the Head of School, Chief Financial Officer, Assistant Head of School for Academics, and Assistant Head of School for Mission. The CAO oversees all staff in development, alumnae relations, and marketing/communications and works closely with volunteers, faculty, staff, alumnae, parents, community members, and the Board of Directors.
- Participates with the Head of School, Advancement staff and Board of Directors to define Mercy’s fundraising goals and direction.
- Oversee and manage all fundraising and marketing/communications efforts.
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward a portfolio of prospects and major donors.
- Cultivate new prospective donors through a comprehensive engagement program.
- Collaborate with the board to help develop board members as fundraisers.
- Update the Head of School and Board of Directors on key metrics regularly, using data-driven analytical reporting.
- Partner with the Head of School and Board members in the solicitation of major gifts, participating as appropriate.
- Oversee the rebranding/messaging of the school and the consequent development of new marketing and solicitation materials.
- Manage the endowment and create a fully operational planned giving program.
- Present to various constituencies (eg. faculty and staff, parents, etc.) at the request of the Head of School.
- Represent the school to various constituencies in accord with the school’s mission, vision, values, and plans.
- Supervise, manage, and evaluate annually all members of the Advancement team.
- Establish, maintain, and periodically evaluate all policies, procedures, structures, communications, and documents in accordance with best practices in the field.
- Attend and support school events and activities on a regular basis.
To apply for this position, or ask for additional information, email a copy of your resume, a cover letter, and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your cover letter should explain why you are interested in the position and what unique qualities you would bring to the role. Strict confidentiality will be maintained for all applicants and only finalists’ references will be contacted.
Mercy High School San Francisco is an equal opportunity employer.