Opened in 1961, Bishop Feehan High School in Attleboro, Mass. is a Catholic school in the Roman Catholic Diocese of Fall River Massachusetts. The school currently enrolls more than 1,000 students, male and female, from 45 communities in grades 9-12. Feehan has a reputation for rigorous academic standards, cutting edge technology, outstanding facilities, competitive inter-scholastic athletics and a commitment to remaining financially accessible to as many families as possible. Our educational philosophy includes helping students lead lives of faith, encouraging students to be influences for good in their communities, and facilitating students’ discovery and development of their gifts and talents in service to God. Feehan supports and promotes its core values: spirituality, mercy, stewardship, integrity, respect, and excellence.
Coordinate all communications efforts for the school and its departments.
- Responsible for maintaining and strengthening the school's overall brand by enforcing visual and written guidelines across all school communications and branded merchandise;
- Drive overall digital/web marketing efforts, including paid search, search engine optimization, appropriate social media channels (Facebook and Twitter currently prominent) and email marketing;
- Attend school events and classes and take photos for the website and school publications;
- Work collaboratively with other departments and advise on publications to ensure they reflect institutional messages and objectives;
- Create a comprehensive public relations strategy to best market the school to its external constituencies – including prospective students and families, community, and alumni. Responsibilities include distributing quarterly honor roll to newspapers;
- Responsible for the school’s public relations efforts by creating press releases and feature articles for the media. Establish and maintain good relations with all media, as well as local community groups;
- Publisher and editor of website, acting as content manager for the site. Responsible for webpage content being dynamic and vibrant, as well as maintaining consistency throughout the website and its content;
- Responsible for the planning, writing, design, and production of Feehan’s Cornerstone Magazine two times per year (Fall/Winter and Spring), and the Annual Report of Gifts (part of the Fall/Winter magazine), including the coordination of vendors for printing and graphic design work;
- Work with the director of admissions to help develop a comprehensive marketing campaign, including the use of the website, printed materials, and emerging social media outlets;
- Layout and design display advertising for use in newspapers and community organization program books;
- Establish a visual and textual “standards” book for usage in external communications and ensure compliance. Establish similar guidelines for all internal communications (facsimiles, memos, etc.) and ensure compliance. This includes our mission, profile statements, and the school logo;
- Collect news clippings involving Feehan alumni and students. Monitor and track effectiveness of press release efforts.
- Provide photography for school events, publications, and activities, as well as stock photography. Assist in the planning/staffing of major events. Coordinate with the school photographer on their presence at school and advancement events;
- Consult with other Advancement team members, as well as members of other departments on campus, on visual layout and design of publications. Design, layout, and produce various print projects throughout the year, including brochures, reports, programs, posters, invitations, signage, etc.
- Work with other members of the advancement department to maintain a consistent visual "look and feel" for collateral materials to all events, from invitations through the events themselves;
- Be a flexible, collaborative member of the overall Advancement team, working towards the offices and the school’s shared goals.
- Assist the President and Director of Advancement in other areas as requested/required.
Occasional night and weekend work required.