The successful candidate will report to the Director – Digital Content & Strategy. Duties include:
- Planning, shooting, writing, editing, reporting and syndicating compelling multimedia digital and social content across all Big 12 online, mobile, social and traditional communications platforms.
- Cultivating relationships and actively engaging a broad range of key Big 12 insiders, including coaches, administrators, current and former student athletes.
- Establishing working relationships with member schools’ athletics communications and video staffs, as well as with television partners.
- Using effective information gathering and storytelling methods and proven content development techniques to create daily stories and longer-range features using appropriate clarity and detail to appeal to a range of audience interests and understanding.
- Generating content daily, including producing original content as well as packaging highlights from Big 12 member schools and various media partners to issue across appropriate Big 12 communications platforms.
- Contributing regular written content to Big 12 communications platforms to supplement multimedia assets.
- Building and maintaining an ongoing editorial content calendar to effectively plan a content strategy incorporating appropriate degrees of Conference and member school content.
- Working closely with the Media Services team to ensure timely, comprehensive and engaging content is published to all digital, mobile and social platforms.
- Keeping informed of emerging new media tools, platforms, techniques and strategies to utilize for Big 12, as appropriate to engage audiences.
- Contributing to communications activities and team, as
- Additional duties, as
Bachelor's Degree required. Applicants should have 2 – 4 years of relevant on-air experience and a strong working knowledge of the video editing and production processes, including proven skills using video editing and graphic editing software (Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office). In addition, candidates must be:
- Proficient with online and social media channels.
- A strong oral and written communicator.
- Well-versed in broadband delivery systems.
- Willing to stay up-to-date on current and emerging technologies for video production and social media.
An aptitude and passion for college sports is preferred as a successful candidate must be able to provide unique insight and access into Big 12 programs. At least two years of professional experience in sports journalism and reporting and/or prior experience in collegiate athletics is desired.
Applicants must be able to multi-task and meet deadlines. Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment and manage a high volume of assignments is required. Candidates will have excellent organizational, communication and time management skills, and will be expected to take direction and initiative, acting in accordance with the core values of the Big 12 Conference.
Travel and weekend work is required.
For full consideration submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references by June 2, 2017 to:
Brad Clements, Assistant Commissioner/Human Resources Director
Big 12 Conference
400 East John Carpenter Freeway Irving, Texas 75062
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
The Big 12 Conference is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer. For more information on the Big 12 Conference visit Big12Sports.com.