| Evidence for Policy Design (EPoD) at Harvard Kennedy School is a young, dynamic research initiative that brings analytical insights, typically from economics, to the design and implementation of public policies and programs around the world. EPoD directly engages with governments and local organizations to identify key questions, design innovative new policies or interventions, and test these using the tools of economics and data analysis, including large field-based experiments. Current research topics at EPoD include governance, education, entrepreneurship, health, agriculture, sustainable development, and access to finance.|
EPoD is currently seeking a Program Assistant to support financial and research administration, human resource processes, and the successful execution of program activities within a large and growing portfolio of EPoD research, training and policy activities, primarily focused on Saudi Arabia. Reporting to the Senior Program Manager on the portfolio, the Program Assistant will support a multi-million dollar annual request for proposals mechanism funding research at dozens of universities in the United States and abroad and execute financial and administrative processes related to the management of a complex set of subcontracts. He or she will also support other programmatic and administrative components and, in coordination with other members of EPoD's administrative and finance team, ensure consistency with established processes and procedures.
May be required to travel to Saudi Arabia and other field sites, estimated at about 5%.
- Financial support (e.g. processing reimbursements, preparing spreadsheets for budgets, drafting, monitoring and processing vendor payments, tracking and processing subcontract invoices, monitoring account levels, preparing and producing financial reports using online financial systems).
- Grant support (e.g. preparing, editing and proofreading reports and other documents, including coordinating the completion of funder requirements).
- Logistical support for portfolio research fellows (e.g. preparing fellows' nomination packets, supporting onboarding processes, coordinating logistical support for fellows including computers, email set-up, telephone, supplies, support of annual recruitment process).
- Logistical support for portfolio interns (e.g. support for intern application/evaluation/selection process, visa application support, tracking start and end dates, processing stipend payments).
- Coordinate visa processes for staff, students, and fellows traveling to Saudi Arabia, collaborating with field staff as needed.
- Assist with ongoing administrative support around staff and fellow appointments, including tracking end dates and ensuring compliance with visas and HKS policy.
- Assist with compilation of materials and submission of IRB applications, in addition to monitoring compliance with IRB protocols for portfolio research projects.
- Assistance in Request for Proposals (RFP) management (e.g. assisting with logistics of RFP management, preparation of RFP documents, preparation and distribution of RFP award letters, issuance of funded project subcontracts and research accounts).
- Assistance in subcontract management (e.g. assisting with invoice processing and tracking of funded project timelines, reporting requirements, deliverables, and expenditures).
- Assistance with execution of marketing strategy focused on increasing awareness of and number of competitive applications to EPoD research funding RFPs.
- Provide support for international participants in HKS Executive Education programs funded through portfolio projects, including scheduling meetings and other extra events on the margins of the course and handling administrative and financial issues with counterparts at Executive Education.
- Coordination and support for events hosted by EPoD in Cambridge and the field.
- Contribute to unit effort by accomplishing related duties as required.
This position is a fully benefits-eligible term appointment ending one year from date of hire with a strong possibility of renewal.
Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background checks.
Harvard University is committed to supporting a healthy, sustainable learning and working environment.
Salary Grade: 053
Union: 55 - Hvd Union Cler & Tech Workers