Full-time, 40 hours per week, year round position, grade 18, hourly rate commensurate with experience and qualifications
The On-Campus Program Coordinator coordinates and implements a wide variety of programs including Family Weekend and other family engagement programs, the Amherst Today lifelong learning program, and the Children's Reunion Evening Program at Reunion. The Coordinator also creates and audits engagement reports, and supports staff working with alumni classes and volunteers for class programs and communications. Takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment.
- Coordinate all aspects of Children's Reunion Program each May including contracts with casual staff, student workers, vendors, manage registration and legal forms with families, manage program on site.
- Coordinate event rollout and logistics for Amherst Today. Communicate on logistics with alumni and faculty presenters, attendees, etc. Support invitations, web page updates, coding.
Alumni Classes and Volunteers
- Provide support to the Associate Director of 25th Reunion Programs for 25-30 alumni classes, including email and print mail, webpage maintenance, custom reporting, and maintaining contacts and records.
- Communicate with volunteers and respond to volunteer requests.
Family Programming Support (in coordination with and in support of the Director of Family Giving and Engagement, in the Annual Fund)
- Coordinate event rollout and logistics for Family Weekend. Communicate on logistics with students and staff across campus, assist with invitations and webpage updates, track invoices and payments and support staffing logistics.
- Manage logistics for Webinar 101 Connection series, Parent Orientation mailings and programs, summer welcome calls, parent e-newsletters, and other events and programs that advance family engagement with Amherst.
Data Collection and Reporting for Engagement Metrics
- Work with Director of Alumni Engagement to run scheduled and ad hoc reports on engagement metrics, event attendance, etc.
- Assist with preparation and presentation of reports.
Other Administrative Duties
- Maintain current, accurate and easily retrievable records, timelines, and work instruction for programs.
- Cover phones as needed for receptionist.
- High school diploma
- 2-4 years of related experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication, and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional customer service, organizational, and time management skills
- Ability to take initiative, and work independently and collaboratively
- Attention to detail
- Occasional weekend and evening hours required to staff on-campus events
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and comfortable working with data and learning new software
- Associates degree
- Experience in higher education
- Event management experience
- Ability to write ad hoc queries in Access, and create custom tables and graphs
- More than 4 years of related experience
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (e-mail and/or telephone number) for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed until position is filled.
Amherst College is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, persons of color, and persons with disabilities to apply. The College is committed to enriching its educational experience and its culture through the diversity of its faculty, administration, and staff.
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 49 states, plus D.C., Puerto Rico and the Virgin Islands, and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum, Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst a great place to work, learn and live!