NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior Manager - Strategy, Planning, and Business Development.
This position is responsible for the successful planning and execution of multiple projects within the constraints or scope, quality, time and cost to deliver specified requirements and achieve stakeholder satisfaction at NYU Langone Medical Center. Manages project dependencies and stakeholder relationships as it relates to the project and ensures timely and effective communication with the project team and with the project stakeholders. Ensures projects are completed within committed time and budget and are integrated with other business and related projects.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations service standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties. Performing analyses of operational and financial performance; Preparing, reviewing, and analyzing information and data relating to current/proposed operations and strategic planning initiatives; Assisting in preparing presentations for and delivering presentations to the Vice President of Science and Research, the Vice Dean of Science, the Senior Director and Senior Vice President of SP&BD and/or other senior executives (e.g., Vice Deans); Providing support to the Associate Director of Central Recruitment and Strategic Planning; Dealing effectively with issues raised or created by the various customers involved in the faculty recruitment process as such issues arise; Making good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment, most of which turn out to be correct and accurate when judged over time; Remaining knowledgeable of current and possible future policies, practices, trends, technology, and relevant areas of expertise.
- Management of projects for the Office of Business Development, including development and maintenance of project plans, leading and facilitating work teams, moderate analysis, understanding the issues surrounding a project, and communication and synthesis of ideas.
- Ensures adherence to all current project methodology standards and procedures, including all documentation
- Reviews business requirements and may assist in translating requirements. May provide analytical support to other team members and internal client groups in defining requirements.
- Directs the development of implementation plans; coordinates the completion of efforts and resources.
- Directs and monitors resources; ensures completion of schedules.
- Clearly and comfortably delegate both routine and important tasks and decisions
- Completes status reports and presents deliverables for project milestones to senior management.
- Provides input to senior management/managers during project and recognizes technical, business and operational impacts of a project. Brings issues to resolution and escalates issues or concerns to the Project Sponsor and key constituents.
- Reviews project assessments and prepares initial project costs; tracks actual costs during the life of a project.
- Schedules and facilitates project meetings, tracks impact and issue documents.
- Effectively communicates and develops a professional level of cooperation across the organization.
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as required.
- Ability to mentor junior staff members
- Must possess strong analytical skills as each member pulls their own data. Promotes departmental ideas and engages in departmental activities. Makes good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience, and judgment. Relates well to all kinds of people at all levels both inside and outside the organization. Knows how to get things done both through formal channels and informal networks.
- Must have a Masters Degree in Health Administration, Masters Degree in Business Administration or related field. Minimum of 3-5 years of experience in project management working in a Business Development, Consulting capacity. Complete understanding of a project life cycle methodology. Requires strong judgment and excellent project management skills. Ability to proficiently use project management, word processing and spreadsheet applications. Effective problem solving skills to assist in detecting potential issues and issue resolution. Effective oral and written communication skills with the ability to effectively present to the target audience.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.