NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Emergency Management Specialist.
- This position is responsible for coordination, planning, operations, development, and performing highly responsible administrative work in the field of Emergency Management
- This position carries out the duties of the department including developing plans, facilitating trainings, conducting exercises, and responding to emergencies
- This position will also manage projects and be accountable for other assigned duties as needed
- Lead interdisciplinary teams to execute broad-based and integrated programs of emergency management planning, training and exercises
- Develop (author) and promulgate operations-level plans and detailed tactical procedures for emergency response and enterprise resilience
- Build and maintain sustaining professional relationships with staff, managers, departments and facilities across the NYULMC Enterprise
- Work with staff, managers, departments and facilities to test, review and update emergency operations plans, business continuity plans and tactical procedures to ensure their successful implementation
- Support strategic risk reviews with key stakeholders to maintain the Hazard Vulnerability Analysis (HVA) and the comprehensive all-hazards Emergency Operations Plan (EOP)
- On a rotating schedule with other EM+ER staff, be available on an on-call basis to receive incident notifications and to activate and lead emergency management response activities
- Be available to work off-hours (nights and weekends) as needed during emergencies
- Serve in a key emergency management role during incidents, emergencies and disasters of all types and sizes
- Liaise with emergency management agencies, regulatory agencies and other external stakeholders on matters regarding emergency management
- Collaborate with assigned team members to support these job responsibilities
- Recommend and coordinate procurement of equipment related to emergency management as well as auditing its maintenance
- Bachelor's Degree in Emergency Management, Healthcare Administration, Occupational Health and Safety or another appropriate discipline or equivalent combination of work experience
- Experience equivalent to 3 years of relevant work in a field such as emergency management, public health, hospital administration or emergency services
- Master's Degree in healthcare administration, emergency management, occupational health and safety, or another appropriate discipline or equivalent experience.
- Experience in emergency plan, training, and exercise development.
- Experience in emergency response.
- Familiarity with Joint Commission, Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities, and other regulatory agencies requirements.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.