| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
- A good decision-maker, with proven success at making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information
- Building effective teams where team members apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals
- A provider of work directives, delegating responsibilities as necessary and removing obstacles as necessary to get work done
- Assist and participate in the operation, maintenance, and repair of water treatment systems for cooling towers, closed loops and domestic water to comply with NYC and NYS standards. .
- Conduct various tests and analyses of water samples, interprets findings, and makes necessary adjustments to the treatment processes.
- Assist the Plant Operator assigned to Water Treatment within all of the MSK sites
- Respond to customer questions or requests demonstrating courteous and professional customer service
- Maintain a clean, orderly and secure work environment. Establishes safe and effective storage of chemicals used in water treatment processes.
- Ensures proper care and use of tools, equipment, supplies and materials.
- Assist and participate in the inspection, maintenance, and installation of plant equipment and systems.
- Perform general grounds and building maintenance work.
- High School or trade school Diploma / GED with 2-4 years experience
- Certified Water Technologist (CWT) Preferred
- NYS DEC 7G Pesticides Applicator Preferred
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.