Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley Private Wealth Management (PWM) provides highly customized financial advice, investment solutions and brokerage services to individuals, families and foundations.
As Morgan Stanley's premier service for individuals and families with significant means, we specialize in providing our clients with custom-tailored financial solutions and a level of sophistication and access to expertise and investments typically reserved for large corporations, financial institutions and governments.
About the Role
Investment Financing Group (IFG) integrates advisory for liquidity management, monetization/financing strategies, and bespoke corporate & executive solutions. The t is also focused to drive PnL through optimization of the business' and the Asia bank's balance sheet.
IFG has a mandate to pursue expansion in PWM's lending products in partnership with Institutional Securities Group (ISG). This position will drive the expansion of lending products (eg. Tailored Lending, Lending Against Illiquid Investments), structuring/execution of bespoke lending transactions, and other risk-based IFG product developments. The person will work closely with Private Bankers and Corporate Equity Derivatives team, with an opportunity to expand.
Key responsibilities include:
- Originate and execute customer transactions in accordance with established trading and hedging strategies
- Manage PnL responsibilities
- Monitoring and management of risk-taking activities and exposures
- Develop new cash/lending products
- Define IT specifications of new strategic developments for pricing, hedging, reporting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; good command of English
- University degree in a quantitative discipline such as Applied Mathematics, Finance or equivalent professional qualifications
- HK SFC license - Type 1 & Type 2
- Strong understanding of one or more of securities, margin lending, trading strategies, and/or banking products
- Strong analytical and technical know-how with a successful proven track record and 5+ years of working experience in either Lombard, institutional credit (hedge fund, corporate, leverage finance, etc.), market risk or in other related areas
- Strong credit sense and financial analysis skills
- IT-specific knowledge, in particular Excel and handling/manipulating large data sets. Any programming skills such as VBA will be advantageous
- Asian languages preferred
- Possess a good risk management and lending-products network with a strong knowledge of industry best practice techniques
- Ideally the person would have a background in looking at financing type solutions, ie anything from tailored margin financing, syndications