| Job Description: |
About Bank of America Merrill Lynch:
Our purpose as a firm is to make financial lives better, through the power of every connection. Across the world, we partner with leading corporate and institutional investors through our offices in more than 40 countries. In the U.S alone, we serve almost all Fortune 500 companies and approximately 59 million consumers and small-business customers. We provide a full suite of financial products and services, from banking and investments to asset and risk management. We cover a broad range of asset classes, making us a global leader in corporate and investment banking, sales and trading.
Connecting Asia Pacific to the World
Our Asia Pacific team is spread across 23 offices in 12 markets. We are focused on connecting Asia to the world and the world to Asia, using our global expertise to ensure success is shared between us, our clients and our communities. Our regional footprint covers 12 currencies, more than a dozen languages and five time zones, placing us firmly among the region's leading financial services companies.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is committed to attracting, recruiting and retaining top diverse talent from across the globe. Our diversity and inclusion mission is to actively promote an inclusive work environment where all employees have the opportunity to achieve personal success and contribute to the growth of our business. Each of our global Employee Networks bring together employees, create dialogue and awareness in support of our Diversity and Inclusion.
The successful candidate will be invited to join Bank of America Merrill Lynch's (BofA ML or the Firm) Legal Department as a member of the team covering the corporate and investment bank for Asia ("Team").
The Team provides transactional, regulatory and other legal support to corporate and investment bankers and equity and debt capital markets personnel in Hong Kong and elsewhere in the Asia Pacific region.
BoA ML has one of the world's leading investment banking and capital markets platforms. Its investment and capital markets bankers serve clients around the world and across all major industries, offering customized solutions to help clients realize opportunities and navigate complex market conditions. From mergers and acquisitions to initial public offerings to debt offerings to rights issues, the bankers work with clients to provide them strategic advice and access to capital wherever they are located.
- The candidate will assist bankers in reviewing transaction documents including confidentiality agreements, engagement letters, marketing and commitment letters; assisting in structuring and executing corporate transactions, participating in developing policies, procedures and standardized documentation for the Firm, monitoring and advising the Firm and management on regulatory developments and new products or trends in the market, and developing training opportunities for bankers.
- The candidates' principal geographic coverage area will be transactions and matters for the Asia (ex Japan and Australia).
- This lawyer's scope of work will include assisting bankers with client negotiations and documentation requirements, providing sophisticated and practical risk-appropriate advice and liaising with other businesses, internal control and administrative functions and internal and external lawyers, as appropriate.
- Qualified lawyer in Australia, England, Hong Kong, the PRC, Singapore or the US
- Two to four years PQE
- Master's of Law (LL.M.) or Doctor's of Law (SJD or JSD) from an internationally recognized law school is desired
- Experience at an International law firm in the area of international corporate transactions.
- In-house experience with an international financial services company covering corporate and investment banking transactions is desired
- Chinese (Mandarin) spoken and written language skills required to review contracts and liaise with Mandarin speaking clients
- English spoken and written language skills
- Knowledge of general principals of international law
- Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Must have a high moral character with confidence in his/her views and engage in constructive discussions to lead stakeholders to the right result for the Firm.
- Ability to cut to the heart of a complex business or legal issue and identify legal, regulatory and reputational concerns; demonstrate deep/broad knowledge and understanding of legal and regulatory issues that impact corporate and investment banking transactions.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate crisply and candidly.
- Comfortable working in a diverse and driven team of colleagues and clients; able to coordinate and act in concert with others to achieve common goals and objectives.
- Takes ownership of his/her work, accepting responsibility for issues, projects and decisions; accepts accountability.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate and lead colleagues and clients consistent with personal and company values.
Bank of America Merrill Lynch is an equal opportunities employer.
Posting Date: 12/05/2017
Location: HK--Hong Kong
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40