School/Unit: College of Humanities and Sciences
Department: Robertson School
Purpose of Position:
The position will contribute to helping the Robertson School of Media and Culture meet its Quest goals by increasing its teaching power in public relations classes (Quest 1) and contributing to the School’s community engagement (Theme IV).
1. Teaching assignments for this position will be primarily at the undergraduate level. Course content will include (but is not limited to) PR graphics and production. Other courses could include digital media, research, writing, campaigns, international public relations, and/or strategic public relations.
2. Service: This faculty member will serve on School committees (as well as College and/or University committees as needed), contributing to the well-being of the School and the VCU community.
(1) a master's degree in public relations or in a related field
(2) a proven track record of inspiring, guiding and mentoring others to reach their full potential
(3) high expectations for students.
(4) significant professional experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, including Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop.
(5) expertise in the areas of photographic composition, electronic newsletter design and distribution, website production and video storytelling
(6) demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU
Successful college teaching experience is highly preferred.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: www.vcujobs.comVirginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action institution providing access to education and employment without regard to age, race, color, national origin, gender, religion, sexual orientation, veteran's status, political affiliation or disability.