A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position.
Performs troubleshooting and resolution of desktop issues for the Michigan Medicine. Specific responsibilities include desktop installations, upgrades and trouble-shooting of all new and existing hardware, software and network issues. Provides advice and assistance over the phone and in person for all information technology related problems. Exercise problem escalation process with other support staff and HITS second and third level customer support groups to ensure timely problem resolutions and customer satisfaction. Documents all customer calls into the problem management system for tracking, trending, and problem escalation. Maintains regular communication with customers, informing them of current status of their escalated trouble ticket. Performs call back on all resolved trouble tickets notifying customers of the resolution to problem tickets to ensure customer satisfaction.
Ability to manage small to large size construction projects. Attend construction kick off meetings, review floor plans and construction documents. Provide budget estimates, timelines, and any special needs to project group.
Understands broad and technical concepts and technical industry. Keep current in technology and continuous support improvements. Maintain current knowledge of applications used enterprise wide.
- Workstation/Printer/Peripheral device support.
- Provide best effort support for all non-standard devices as requested.
- Network support including Wireless, LAN, WAN, VLAN, DSL, Broadband, IP addresses, Campus connections, communication closet, cabling, and infrastructure security, VPN, and VPN appliances.
- Home and Remote support including Outlook, wireless, VPN, core desktops, laptops, printing, Novell file access and dial in, DSL, cable modem.
- Application support including enterprise wide and department specific applications as well as application support related to customer vendors and distribution of customer applications.
- Training related to customer requests, application needs, desktops, laptops, tablets, PDA/Smartphones, printers, scanners, all in one fax/copiers, air cards, peripheral devices, etc.
- Equipment management including recommendations, customer requests for equipment, purchasing, receiving, un-boxing, deployment, tracking, and preparation for property disposition.
- Vendor assistance and support for vendor managed hardware, and applications. Software licensing involving annual updates, as well as initial license recommendation and requests from customers.
- Outlook tasks including but not limited to, support for mailbox, calendar, account, archiving, web client, proxy rights, Instant Messenger and distribution lists.
- Act as liaison between customer and other HITS division Departmental business support for specific equipment and audio visual assistance.
- Travel to remote clinics as needed for customer support including delivering equipment for upgrades, and break/fix issues.
- Workstation installation project work encompassing enterprise wide OS upgrades, facility projects including new equipment and hardware upgrades.
- Department specific work related to application roll outs, hardware upgrades and customer moves.
- Remedy ticket management encompassing updates, transferring, follow ups, resolving, customer assistance, and triaging of tickets.
- Desktop administration tasks including meetings, technical training, technical documentation, and research as well as administrative paperwork, customer interactions, reporting, licensing, and HITS related tasks.
- Additional administration tasks to include inventory management, equipment stocking, purchasing, risk management, and weekly status reports.
- QA testing for hardware and software standards.
- Development of customer training materials, technical writing.
- Continuing professional development.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, IT, or Business. 5-8 years of progressive device support experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Experience within a healthcare setting.
- Experience supporting Windows XP, Vista, or Windows 7 -10, and IOS operating systems, various mobile devices platforms, wired and wireless infrastructure experience required. Ability to support new combinations of network protocols, desktop operating systems and applications. Demonstrate strong customer service skills, ability to work independently as well as a member of a team. Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills. Proven ability to manage projects.
- Ability to work flexible hours to meet customer business needs.
- Associates degree or equivalent
- 3-5+ years relevant experience; or equivalent combination of relevant education and experience as listed for the Senior position.
- Demonstrated ability to work with some level of independence and to take initiative while remaining a strong team player.
- Master's degree preferred, for senior level.
This position may be underfilled at a lower classification depending on the qualifications of the selected candidate.
- Must be able to travel or transfer equipment to and from different buildings throughout the campus (and off-site locations).
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Scheduled working hours will be day shift Monday - Friday 8:30am - 5:00pm. Ability to work holidays and weekends.
Michigan Medicine conducts background screening and pre-employment drug testing on job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent job offer and may use a third party administrator to conduct background screenings. Background screenings are performed in compliance with the Fair Credit Report Act.
Job openings are posted for a minimum of seven calendar days. This job may be removed from posting boards and filled anytime after the minimum posting period has ended.
The University of Michigan is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.