The financial services office supporting Carnegie Mellon's work in key areas of human, physical, financial, and technological infrastructure and services for administration. We support the university's strategic goals by working to allow departments, schools, and colleges to work together to build a strong financial foundation by creating efficiencies, improving policies and processes, and reducing duplication and costs throughout the university. We strive to improve productivity, and continually align business processes and operations to enable faculty, students, and staff to support the mission of the university.
Our office is looking for a Department Business Coordinator who will be responsible for the set-up and maintenance of all personnel and payroll transactions. You will process all Workday transactions, effectively onboard new personnel, and coordinate various aspects of the planned labor distribution. In this role you will report to the Director of Finance for Operations, supporting a unified service model for areas of VPO, General Counsel, and Finance. The person selected for this position will demonstrate superior communication skills by keeping the Director updated on all components of the job.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Process all Workday transactions and forms for students, faculty, staff, and visitors to the departments above
- Work with the CMUWorks Service Center and audit work as necessary to ensure accuracy
- Enter costing allocation, monitor hourly time entry, create and maintain personnel files, notification of expiring visas
- Compile information for various sources and track planned labor distributions, enter information in Oracle and Workday
- Prepare and submit payroll distribution adjustments, run labor reports, and communicate appropriate information with departments for onboarding including contacts for space, physical access, computing, ID cards, visas, etc.
- Serve as backup to Financial Analysts and other relevant Department Initiators as necessary
You are someone who demonstrates energy and enthusiasm for your work, as well as impeccable attention to detail. You love organization and making sure projects and tasks are completed appropriately. We will select someone who is flexible and who thrives in a dynamic environment with shifting priorities. Inclusion, collaboration and cultural sensitivity are valued competencies at CMU. We are looking for someone who shares our values and who will support the mission of the CMU through your work.
- High school degree or equivalent required, Associate's or Bachelor's degree preferred
- Minimum 1-3 years of administrative support experience, preferably supporting multiple departments
- Prior experience with Workday, Oracle, or other similar system strongly preferred
Please visit Why Carnegie Mellon to learn more about becoming part of an institution inspiring innovations that change the world. http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/why-cmu/index.html. A listing of employee benefits is available at: http://www.cmu.edu/jobs/benefits-at-a-glance/index.html.
Carnegie Mellon University considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.