NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a temporary Assistant Research Technician (Temp Program).
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing basic laboratory experiments under general supervision, as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Service Standards and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Lab Duties - Basic lab duties under general supervision as well as more advanced duties under direct supervision. Performs routine technical tasks, and is expected to help with the routine processing of clinical samples from research protocols.
- Assists in Developing Procedures - Assists in implementing new procedures and protocols to support experiments. Participates actively in developing, recommending and implementing new approved procedures, or modifications to existing protocols and procedures. Maintains and updates technical knowledge.
- Communication/Relationship with Others - Cooperates, communicates and relates well to all levels of Medical Center. Listens carefully to others in order to respond appropriately, answer questions or obtain needed information. Communicates ideas, problems, suggestions, and messages in a timely and effective manner. Maintains the confidentiality of all research information. Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Judgment/Decision-Making - Is able to recognize problems as they occur; and through the application of appropriate policy/ procedure, determine and/or recommends the appropriate solution. Seeks guidance as necessary for the performance of duties asks appropriate questions when in doubt and utilizes
reference sources/materials to endure accuracy. Advises appropriate personnel of situations/problems requiring intervention or follow-up attention.
- Participates and performs other related duties as required.
To qualify you must have a High School Diploma and strong written and verbal communication skills are required.
Bachelors of Science Degree in Life Sciences or a related field preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.