NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Network Security Engineer.
In this role, the successful candidate Seasoned professional providing advanced expertise in a complex professional discipline. Provides and maintains a reliable technical infrastructure to effectively serve the customer community. This may include running, maintaining, and troubleshooting systems, servers, networks, and/or desktop environments; responding promptly and effectively to customer problems and either directly resolving the problems or escalating to the appropriate resource and monitoring its effective resolution. Works independently with limited work direction. Work is reviewed periodically and on an exception basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Mentors less-experienced staff with responsibility for their technical development.
- Has direct input to budget and resource planning.
- Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management. Meets project deadlines.
- Develops specifications and designs technical systems. Selects tools and methodologies for projects.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most business problems. Anticipates implementation obstacles.
- Possesses skills and knowledge of Enterprise Application Integration program communication using message brokers with Common Object Request Broker Architecture, enterprise wide content and data distribution using common databases and data standards implemented with the Extensible Markup Language (XML), middleware applications and message queuing approaches.
- Participates in component and data architecture design, software product evaluation and buy versus build recommendations.
- Works with users to gather business requirements, performs database analysis, codes and tests middleware routines to ensure successful and seamless communication among the various IT systems and applications components.
- Develops methods to efficiently reuse existing components.
- Determines how existing applications, legacy systems, databases, Web interfaces and/or hardware logic, which may be currently operating on multiple platforms, work together to meet the new and emerging enterprise requirements.
- Responsible for developing and deploying integrated solutions aimed at modernizing, consolidating and coordinating the independently designed applications within and across the enterprises.
To qualify you must have at least 7 years of experience and BA/BS degree.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.