| POSITION DETAILSBaruch College has a long and distinguished history dating back over 150 years to the founding of the Free Academy, the nation's first institution of free public higher education. Today Baruch is a thriving, urban, multicultural institution and senior college of the City University of New York with widely respected undergraduate and graduate programs in the Zicklin School of Business, the Marxe School of Public and International Affairs and the Weissman School of Arts and Sciences. Baruch prepares motivated students of proven achievements, many the first in their family to attend college, with a superb education. CollegeNET has continually ranked Baruch #1 in social mobility. The Princeton Review has consistently included Baruch on its list of "Best Colleges," an exclusive grouping that highlights the top 15% of schools in the country. US News & World Report ranked Baruch among the Best Colleges (North) and Most Ethnically Diverse Colleges in the country. In 2013, Baruch successful completed a campaign to raise $150 million exceeding goal. Most recently, the College has launched a dedicated $15 million scholarship campaign.The Office of College Advancement ("OCA") is responsible for all fundraising activities and alumni relations for Baruch College. We seek a dynamic, seasoned individual with broad-based development experience, including proven gift solicitations to work with our alumni, faculty and all functional elements of OCA. Reporting to the Assistant Vice President for College Advancement, this is an exciting, high-access, front-line opportunity.Responsibilities:|
* Solicit annual fund, major gift, planned gift and leadership giving prospects with the ability to make gifts of $1,000 and up.
* Conduct 100-120 meaningful face-to-face interactions with donors/prospects annually.
* Participate in donor/prospect strategy sessions with other development staff.
* Create management reports as needed, call reports and meeting request memos. Maintain a detailed record of prospect management in database.
* Work with administrators and planned giving professionals to maximize giving through deferred giving structures.
* Assist with special projects.Some fundraising-related travel to points outside of the New York City area including California is expected.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's Degree and six years' related experience required.Experience in personal fundraising solicitation with a proven record of success as well as broad-based knowledge of prospect management, cultivation and stewardship. Prefer four plus years in fundraising or sales and higher education fundraising experience. Raiser's Edge and planned giving experience preferred. Must have superb fundraising judgment and outstanding interpersonal and communication skills. Must be an articulate spokesperson on behalf of Baruch. Keen sensitivity to human relations and ability to work independently and as a team member in a fast-paced environment.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWPlans and manages College fundraising strategy and operations.
* Implements and monitors comprehensive resource development program; makes recommendations to improve department policies and procedures
* Fulfills specific goals and targets based on individual portfolio
* Assists Director with developing funding strategies and assessing outcomes
* Oversees annual and/or major gift activities to support strategic plan
* Maintains relationships with donors and sponsoring organizations to cultivate and maintain funding
* Prepares financial reports for management; may write grant proposals
* May manage professional and/or clerical staff
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Development ManagerCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssociateFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEJune 30, 2017 (Revised).JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Deputy Diector of Leadership Giving*Job ID:
* 16764*Full/Part Time: