This is a part-time position; 19 hours/week.
Performs administrative and business support related duties of a complex nature in support of an area with minimal guidance. For more information regarding the physical requirements and environmental conditions for this job, please click here.
Key Functions and Expected Performances
- Community Outreach 2. Updates and Modifications Made to Pathfinder Website
- Collaborate with Pathfinder staff and VKC Communications to implement a plan for effectively using social media to promote Pathfinder.
- Increase number of followers on Facebook, Twitter, and Pinterest by regularly posting or tweeting relevant information and promoting Pathfinder's presence on such platforms.
- Coordinate the publication of Pathfinder's monthly e-newsletter, "The Compass".
- Participate in community events/resource fairs to engage in social media and/or disseminate information.
- Disseminate Pathfinder materials to individuals an agencies serving individuals with disabilities as well as event planners identified through Pathfinder's calendar; maintain record of dissemination audiences and numbers.
- Assist in identifying opportunities for Pathfinder staff to provide training presentations at meetings and conferences..
3. Organizational and Administrative Responsibilities in the Office (year round)
- Post events not entered by other calendar users on Pathfinder's Calendar website at <http://kc.vanderbilt.edu/pathcal>.
- Assist with updating 3,000+ agencies in Pathfinder's database annually.
- Research new resources to include on Pathfinder's website.
4. Work Collaboratively with Staff in the Immediate Office and Other Vanderbilt Kennedy Center Programs
- Assist staff in preparing for Pathfinder trainings and meetings
- Assist Information & Referral Coordinator by serving as back-up on the phone helpline and completing intake forms for callers
- Serves Others with Compassion: Invests time to understand the problems, needs of others and how to provide excellent service
- Solves Complex Problems: Seeks to understand issues, solves routine problems, and raises proper concerns to supervisors in a timely manner
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Listens carefully to understand the issues and provides accurate information and support
- Core Capabilities - Ensuring High Quality
- Performs excellent work: Checks work quality before delivery and asks relevant questions to meet quality standards
- Ensures continuous improvement: Shows eagerness to learn new knowledge, technologies, tools or systems and displays willingness to go above and beyond
- Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Demonstrates basic knowledge of conditions that affect safety and reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate person or department
- Core Capabilities - Managing Resources Effectively
- Demonstrates Accountability: Takes responsibility for completing assigned activities and thinks beyond standard approaches to provide high-quality work/service
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Displays understanding of how personal actions will impact departmental resources
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Uses accurate information and good decision making to consistently achieve results on time and without error
- Core Capabilities - Fostering Innovation
- Generates New Ideas: Willingly proposes/accepts ideas or initiatives that will impact day-to-day operations by offering suggestions to enhance them
- Applies Technology: Absorbs new technology quickly; understands when to utilize the appropriate tools and procedures to ensure proper course of action
- Adapts to Change: Embraces change by keeping an open mind to changing plans and incorporates change instructions into own area of work
- Technical Capabilities
- Clerical/Administrative (Intermediate): Clerical/Administration is a skill which includes most clerical and administrative functions typically carried out by secretaries, administrators and others who perform a clerical role. Among the duties are: Ad Hoc Reporting, Calendar Maintenance, Data Entry, Document Duplication, Document Filing and Maintenance, Document Preparation, Employee Record Maintenance, Employee Time Recording, Faxing and Electronic Mailing, Inventory Management, Mail Sorting and Distribution, Meeting Coordination and Scheduling, Message Management, Receptionist Tasks, Special Projects, Spreadsheet Preparation, Travel Arrangements, and Word Processing and Typing.
- Ad Hoc Reporting (Intermediate): The ability to access information from databases and prepare reports.
- Data Analysis (Intermediate): The ability to analyze data in an accurate manner.
- Financial Processes (Novice): Ability to monitor costs, expenses and revenue as well as the ability to manage those costs and expenses in relation to budgeted amounts.
- Human Resources Policies and Procedures (Fundamental Awareness): Knowledge, adherence and application of human resources policies and procedures.