Behavioral Analyst-Full TimePrimary Location:
United States-NJ-NJMt. LaurelFunction:
Behavioral/Mental Health ProfessionalOrganization:
REM NJ is seeking a Behavioral Analyst to develop behavioral plans and provide behavioral therapy, and other therapeutic services. This individual will work with supervisors in the development, implementation, maintenance and generalization of behavioral change. The Behavioral Analyst will be responsible for consult with staff, insurance providers, lawyers, service providers post-discharge and family on treatment recommendations and progress; and participate in family education and therapy as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
To perform this jobsuccessfully, an individual must be able to satisfactorily perform eachessential function listed below. The Behaviorist is responsible for the implementationand development of behavior modification programs.
· Conductsin-home analysis of individuals exhibiting behaviors and develops behaviormanagement plan in accordance with the guidelines set forth in the Memorandumof Understanding approved by the Division of Developmental Disabilities
· Assistsconsumers with implementation of the behavior plan.
· Developsoutcome measures to determine effectiveness of the behavior plan.
· Providesclinical oversight and makes recommendation regarding clinical issues ofconsumers served.
· On-goingconsultation with Mentor Consulting Psychologist to ensure behavior plans meetappropriate clinical standards.
· Maintainscurrent and complete clinical documentation, individual progress records andmonthly reports.
· Providetraining to staff regarding behavior management techniques.
· Otherrelated duties, as requested.
Minimum Knowledge andSkills Required by the Job
The requirements listedbelow are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required toperform the job.
· Ability to upholdand respect the rights of people with Special Education, Psychology, SocialWork or another similar field of Human Services.
· Ability to treatothers with dignity and respect.
· Ability to followdirections and carry out responsibilities in accordance with individual programplans, policies, procedures and supervisory requests.
· Ability toobserve and accurately document individual responses to the program plan.
· Ability tocontribute and participate in the development of individual plans.
· Ability toacquire knowledge and demonstrate skills of program techniques.
· Ability torecognize the strengths and needs of people with Intellectual and/ordevelopmental disabilities.
· Ability to createand maintain a supportive environment by adhering to the guidelines of REMphilosophy, confidentiality, people-first language, empowerment, fair andreasonable treatment of others.
- Master's Degree in psychology or related field and one year experience working with special populations in crisis intervention, staff training and development.
- Conduct research in behavior analysis within an applied setting preferred.
- Board Certification preferred
What we offer you:
·Full compensation/benefits/flexible schedules
·A rewarding work environment
·Paid Time Off, Holiday pay, and company perks
·Family-oriented environment, casual dress, employee events
·Job training, career development, and advancement opportunities
·Access to jobs throughout the nation-wide Network
REMNJ is a partner of The MENTOR Network, a national network of local humanservices providers offering quality community-based services, since 1980. With~32,000 employees serving ~25,000 consumers in 36 states, you'll have careeropportunities from coast to coast. When you join The MENTOR Network, you'llmake a difference every day and help to provide quality of life enhancingservices to individuals across the country.
Comejoin our team of dedicated and caring professionals.Apply Today!