The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in the development of the European UCITS ETF platform and will cover a range of ETF and ETP investment operations activities. They will be innovating daily processes, driving technology improvements and working closely with senior management on certain tasks, as well as performing some routine daily functions.
This role will suit a 'hands on' person who thrives in a dynamic and high growth environment. You will have experience in a similar role, be IT literate, and be keen to move to a firm that will offer you the opportunity to grow. The role will suit an individual looking for an opportunity, to grow and be exposed to the design, development and running of operating models of ETPs.
Start date: Immediate
- Develop tools for reviewing key operations information related to the ETF and ETN platforms, including NAVs, benchmark index data, PCFs, security pricing, FX rates, collateral, accrued interest, dividends and tracking error
- Calculate ETP prices using existing tools, and drive improvement of those tools. This will involve working remotely from home at 6am-7am two or three times per week (on average, and typically arriving at the office later those days)
- Conduct periodic reporting and performance measurement for key service providers, product calendars and distribution schedules.
- Build relationships across internal (product development, portfolio managers, research, finance, legal and compliance) and external (administrators, transfer agents, custodians, designated brokers and approved participants, exchanges, external auditors and data providers) counterparties
- Have a keen interest in index calculation methods for a variety of indices in several asset classes.
- Design and produce reports to keep management and counterparties informed, as well as IT tools to improve the efficiency and robustness of operational processes
- Maintain up-to-date data on all products
- Assist with development of ETF and ETP infrastructure, including new listings, product development and strategy.
- Assist with monitoring UCITs post trade compliance, ensuring corrective action is taken
- Assist with maintaining fact sheets and the company's websites
- Assist with adhoc projects to contribute towards the improvement & implementation of product management, maintenance and launch process.
Education and experience
- Degree or similar qualification level education.
- 2-3 years' experience in relevant roles in ETF or trade support, fund operations, or asset management.
- Excellent Knowledge of Mechanics/Pricing of Derivatives products.
- Superior IT literacy, specifically in Excel and Bloomberg
- Experience with portfolio management, trade processing and reconciliation, order management.
- Good understanding of operational risk and practical experience of process improvements
- Working knowledge of UCITS investment restrictions monitoring.
- Experience in SQL/Access highly valued.
- Understanding of PCF's highly valued.
- Familiarity with the dealing process of daily dealing funds / ETFs highly valued.
- Breadth of asset class experience (Equities, ETFs, Fixed Income, FX) desirable
- Understanding of share class structures desirable.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, team-based environment with a high degree of individual autonomy and direct honest feedback.
- Pro-active, honest and direct in identifying issues and suggesting improvements
- Reliable, diligent, exceptional attention to detail, able to work under tight time frames and balance multiple tasks without compromising accuracy
- Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
- Strong project management and problem solving skills, with a can-do attitude.
- Ability to ask the right questions before promptly escalating issues to the relevant people
- Ability to recognise and correct process deficiencies.
- Demonstrates a desire to keep up to date with industry developments and play a key role in driving his/her own professional growth.