All Our Kin, Inc., a nationally-recognized, Connecticut-based nonprofit organization that trains, supports, and sustains community child care providers to ensure that children and families have the foundation they need to succeed in school and in life, seeks a full-time, bilingual (Spanish-English) Business Consultant to provide mentoring, coaching, training, technical assistance, and support to family child care providers.
All Our Kin first opened its doors in a New Haven housing project in 1999 with two staff members, six mothers, six children, and one core belief: all children deserve access to high-quality early learning opportunities. Today, we serve over 400 family child care providers; these parents and educators, in turn, serve over 2,400 children in our community. To learn more about our work, please visit www.allourkin.org.
We are searching for an enthusiastic team player who is looking to make an impact and is excited about being a part of an effective, growing and dynamic non-profit organization. This is a full-time position. The Business Consultant is supervised by the Network Director. All Our Kin has offices in New Haven, Bridgeport, and Stamford, CT. The Business Coach will primarily work at our Stamford location, within the Stamford/Norwalk network.
Responsibilities of the Business Consultant:
- Offer one-on-one business support to providers including, but not limited to:
- Helping providers plan, develop, and implement business strategies to run a successful small business;
- Rating providers’ improvement using the Business Administration Scale (BAS) tool;
- Problem-solving and providing advice on best business practices;
- Helping providers draft contracts and policies, budget yearly income and expenses, improve money management practices, keep detailed records, implement marketing strategies and organize and manage their business.
- Teach All Our Kin’s Entrepreneurship series in English and Spanish. This 30-hour business training program enhances family child care providers’ business knowledge. Classes are conducted during evenings and/or weekends.
- Coordinate the All Our Kin Family Child Care Network Loan Fund Program. This zero percent interest micro-loan program helps providers improve the quality of their family child care programs. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to: advertising the program, screening candidates and applications, coordinating loan disbursement, tracking payments, and overseeing the micro-loan projects.
- Link providers to community resources and supports.
- Collaborate with All Our Kin’s staff, including the Network Directors.