Are you currently an Assistant Director of Admissions in a school/college or a career changer with a background in sales and recruiting ready to tackle leading all aspects of an Admissions Office in a growing progressive school? This is a dynamic role ideal for someone with an entrepreneurial approach to recruiting who can quickly come up to speed on enrollment management and financial aid processes and be the school’s chief enthusiast of Emergent Academy’s principles, values, and culture.
Important note to all candidates: The Emergent School is looking for a Head of Enrollment who is from Austin and intimately familiar with Austin’s educational scene. This is a full-time year-round position located in the Rollingwood neighborhood of Austin, Texas - please only apply if you meet these criteria.
About The School
Emergent Academy believes today's students are natural investigators, researchers, and synthesizers of information. We believe that the one-size-fits-all, studying the same thing, at the same time, in the same way model is completely outdated and hinders success. Emergent School’s mission is to inspire each child who enters our doors to find the spark that will set them on their life's journey. Emergent has developed a nascent and evolutionary model for advancing students. For example, Emergent 8th graders are passing community college English courses and 5th graders and are tackling 8th grade math courses. These results are possible because of Emergent Academy’s student-directed, multi-subject and experiential approach to learning.
Reporting to the Head of School, the Head of Enrollment will have the opportunity to play a leadership role in the creation of a well-resourced school that is eager to offer the benefits of a progressive education to students in the Austin, Texas region. The school will grow incrementally over the years until it serves approximately 150 students from ages 7 to 14. While the school has it’s roots serving families active in Austin’s tech community, the school will appeal to any family seeking a relevant and rigorous academic program. The Director will oversee and direct all aspects of the admissions process for new students, including enrollment management and marketing the school, and must be able to build a funnel of applicants that are a good fit for the school. Candidates should enjoy working with children and be able to work cooperatively with school staff as well as current and prospective families. This is a one-person office and the Director will perform all administrative duties.
Role and Responsibilities
- Manage and execute every stage of the admission process for new students from inquiry to enrollment in collaboration with other members of the leadership team.
- Work with students to fill school open house nights with prospective families once per month
- Identify where and how to attract ‘Emergent-hungry’ families
- Communicate final decisions to parents through conversation and letter.
- Development and execution of strategic and aggressive enrollment process.
- Utilize both standard and creative new strategies and tactics to achieve enrollment goals
- Oversee all aspects of the admissions office from the creation of an admissions budget to publications.
- Evaluate prospective student applications, academic records and all supporting documentation.
- Chair the admissions and financial aid committee.
- Maintain enrollment management system and manage re-enrollment.
- Build relationships with local Montessori and other schools that are a potential funnel to Emergent.