Reporting to the Director, Finance & Operations, the Database and Systems Manager is responsible for managing the IT/IS functions within the organization. Manage all activities related to data processes, data integrity, software projects and systems to ensure effective and efficient operational content and process flows.
The position consults with all business functions to manage, investigate, recommend, implement, and generate the tools, processes, data, reports, and training needed to enhance and grow each area of the business. The position will manage all technical aspects of Cure SMA’s business systems platform including its databases, websites, social and mobile, peer-to-peer fundraising, and electronic communications. The primary application suite is Blackbaud/Convio’s Luminate including Luminate CRM and Luminate Online (Online, Team Raiser, and CMS).
The position will also manage the organization’s overall information technology platform so that it effectively supports programs and the administration.
Essential Function/Responsibility with associated competencies
1. Database Administration
- Manage the implementation and maintenance of Cure SMA’s database such as Salesforce, Luminate CRM, Luminate Online and any other integrated applications.
- Develop reports, dashboards, and processes to effectively monitor data quality and integrity.
- Proactively and continuously evaluate and address issues related to performance, stability and extensibility of the database.
- Maintain and implement procedures for data entry that result in clear, consistent and thorough data.
- Serve on departmental teams to be familiar with and provide IT/IS integration in all processes, including finance.
- Educate staff on best practices, provide ongoing support, develop and update policy and procedure documentation.
- Monitor work of data entry staff for accuracy and thoroughness; ensure all data entry work is completed as required.
- Troubleshoot issues with database, Salesforce, LCRM and business objects while acting as the point of contact.
- Develop and maintain procedure manuals and documentations annually, and as needed, to ensure high efficiency and quality.
- Establish policies related to database and equipment security for review and approval by Director.
- Oversee and provide reports as requested using Saleforce, LCRM and other organizations systems; lead/guide staff in ways to utilize and interpret reports to further the work of the organization.
- Partner with internal staff to understand Cure SMA’s data and produce standard and custom queries and reports including fundraising effectivess reports; build queries and export for complex mailing lists and event invitations.
- Create and maintiain mail merge acknowledgement letters.
- Audit database weekly and monthly to ensure data integrity
- Maintain all user and system security settings; codes and tables; eliminate queries, reports, and other components that are obsolete.
- Reconcile gift deposits with finance department records.
- Investigate new ways to utilize information to improve customer service and/or further the goals of the organization.
- Keep staff current with system features by researching, planning, and implementing upgrades
2. Manage Cure SMA’s technology needs
- Serve as a resource for staff and provide support for all software and hardware needs.
- Work with the satellite office to ensure staff is getting the support needed.
- Proactively determine software and hardware to meet organization’s needs.
- Research, recommend and purchase appropriate technology equipment.
- Write and maintain annual budget.
- Write and implement annual department strategic plan and implementation road map.
- Ensure phone system, copiers, computers, servers, printers, and Internet and network connections are functioning properly.
- Maintain IT inventories and document solutions to IT issues.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge regarding new technologies that may better support staff or improve customer service.
- Develop and implement an asset management program for all chapter IT related equipment, and ensure all inventory is marked and tracked.
- Provide guidance to staff regarding the protection of company IT equipment.
- Assist with technology implementation vendors.
- Serve as a good steward of all Cure SMA’s resources.
- Develop and document standard operating procedures
- Actively participate in required education programs and meetings.
- Attend and participate in relevant department meetings and appropriate conference calls.
- Actively engage in furthering the organization’s advocacy efforts, SMA awareness, relationship management and volunteer engagement.
- Attendance at 1-week Annual Conference is required
- Perform other duties as assigned.