The National Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC), the business voice of the LGBT community, is seeking a seasoned Director of Supplier Diversity to join our dynamic and growing team. The successful candidate is someone who is passionate about the economic advancement of LGBT people and wants to work in a fast paced, impactful, fun, and entrepreneurial environment.
The Director of Supplier Diversity will work closely with LGBT business owners to become certified LGBT Business Enterprises (LGBTBEs), and will successfully navigate private sector supply chains and public sector contracting opportunities. Candidates should have a minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in supplier diversity as well as a working knowledge of the LGBT community and LGBT cultural competencies.
The Director will oversee the certification process and outreach, as well as marketing and communications to LGBTBEs and potential LGBTBEs. The successful candidate should also have experience leading a team.
In addition to the duties listed above, the Director will oversee and drive all departmental goals including recruitment and retention of LGBTBEs as well as stakeholder engagement in addition to the department’s mission of providing access to business development opportunities, including mentorship programs, live and virtual educational sessions, scholarships, and annual conference engagement.
- Report to Senior Vice President
- Lead NGLCC Supplier Diversity Team
- Oversee NGLCC certification program and process
- Provide and oversee connections and engagement between LGBTBEs, corporations, and government
- Manage communications and marketing to LGBTBEs and potential LGBTBEs
- Collaborate with NGLCC’s network of local affiliate chambers
- Drive cross-departmental collaborations enterprise-wide, including with the Senior Executive Team
- Oversee educational programming for LGBTBEs
- Maintain accurate reporting to Senior Executive Team
- Drive all departmental goals, including the recruitment and retention of LGBTBEs
- Drive connections and engagement between LGBTBEs and Corporate and Government contracting opportunities in collaboration with Corporate Relations, External Affairs, and Stakeholder Engagement teams
- Drive and oversee all maintenance and innovation of departmental data systems