Medical Technologist – Immunohematology
Night Shift; 10pm – 6:30 am, M-F
New Hanover Regional Medical Center
Medical Technologists are responsible for the analytical evaluation of blood and other body fluids. Responsibilities include:
- May procure specimens. Performs, and evaluates waived, moderately complex and highly complex laboratory analysis on blood and other body fluids.
- Performs instrument maintenance, calibration, and troubleshooting procedures.
- Performs, evaluates and troubleshoots quality control and proficiency testing procedures.
- Investigates and resolves problems and unusual situations. Ensures patient test results are not reported until all corrective actions have been taken and the test system is properly functioning.
- Utilizes Medical Center and laboratory computer systems in performance of daily tasks.
- Participates in the Education Program both within and outside the lab to ensure the highest degree of competency within the established scope of patient care.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree required
- Licensure/Certifications: MT (ASCP) or equivalent certification agency required.
Note: Equivalent certification agencies may include NCA, military or state licensure if the employee is determined to meet the required education and related experience requirements as set forth in CLIA 88.
- Experience: 1 year training in an accredited medical technology program or 3 years experience in a laboratory under the direction of a board certified pathologist.
Wilmington, NC is a growing coastal community of around 100,000 people in Southeastern North Carolina. Enjoy living and working where most people vacation. Year-round boating, golf, fishing, tennis, and biking are available. We have a vibrant, historical downtown with excellent restaurants and an active cultural arts community.
New Hanover Regional Medical Center offers a benefits package designed to ensure access to quality healthcare and help you maintain a healthy lifestyle.
- Teaching hospital, regional referral center, and Level II Trauma Center
- Southeastern North Carolina’s largest employer with more than 6,500 employees
Join Our Talented Team Today!
EOE - NHRMC is committed to inclusion and diversity