The Process Pursuit Leader is responsible for the sales of Rockwell Automation's process solutions, as well as other complementary products & services within the assigned industry. The incumbent is also responsible for the development and execution of sales strategy and all sales activities associated with targeted opportunities using Rockwell Automation's disciplined sales process. Daily activities will include collaboration with the regional sales teams, technical experts, channel partners and product marketing to execute on process sales plans.
Achieve process sales targets and meet business revenue plans for process and services using a disciplined sales process.
Develop WIN Strategy for each assigned opportunity
Responsible for closing orders while collaborating with the broader RA sales teams.
Develop and manage an accurate sales forecast and pipeline of process opportunities at targeted industries and applications.
Help define bidding and pricing strategy including the solution and delivery model.
Target key competitive accounts and establish and implement conversion strategies
Responsible to coordinate with technical sales resources and other relevant Global Sales and Marketing resources involved in executing identified sales opportunities and targeting opportunities that support commercial plans and product/solution capability.
Assist in the development of the value proposition including project scope and ROI analysis. Utilize value selling techniques to quantify project ROI and structure commercial deals accordingly.
Leverage sales resources for target opportunity identification and access. Serve as the primary liaison between customers, sales team members and RA business units to ensure efficient and effective communications and information flow from sales and pipeline development activities. Maintain close alignment with the EPC team.
Provide formal regular status reports to sales management which include forecast, pipeline and activity summary information. Monitor & report revenue and pipeline results weekly via CRM tool for assigned Verticals or Geographies to ensure performance goals are met.
Responsible for providing feedback to the business unit on existing and future commercial programs required to accelerate growth of the process business.
Share best practices with product and marketing organizations to achieve Process revenue targets for Vertical or Geography
Serve as primary liaison between customers, RA sales teams, and appropriate business units to insure efficient and effective communications and information flow from business development activities.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science degree in an Engineering discipline or equivalent four years experience.
- Minimum twelve years of experience managing the sales process and implementing sales strategies; including a minimum five years of direct sales responsibility in selling Process Control solutions for a leading Process Control provider e.g Emerson, Honeywell, ABB, or other Process Industry Solution Provider.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to travel greater than 50% of time.
- Experience in a process industry production environment responsible with for production, process control systems, safety systems or other production environment responsibility.
- Stay current and be conversant with the latest relevant technologies and competitive offerings
- Deep technical and business understanding of Rockwell products and ability to map them to industry segments and specific customer situations
- Demonstrates curiosity in new technologies & products that could add value
- Communicate with customer teams at various levels from key decision makers to technical stakeholders and advisers in order to understand the problems they are looking to solve
- Build relationships with technical community on the customer side and win their support for Rockwell products and solutions
- Ensures thorough familiarity with policies and procedures relating to standards of business conduct and motivates teams in the importance of full compliance with the letter and spirit of such policies and procedures
- Understand business needs from the perspective of business stake holders
- Interact with customer and understand customer needs
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Supports an environment conducive to effective cross-team interaction and self-initiates applicable information sharing.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Reasonable accommodations to essential functions of the job will be made if appropriate.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Global Sales & Marketing
Sales, Services, and Solutions
Detroit - Michigan
Automotive, Entertainment, Fibers & Textiles, Food & Beverage, Household & Personal Care, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Marine, Metals, Mining, Minerals & Cement, Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Print & Publishing, Pulp & Paper, Semiconductor & Electronics, Tire & Rubber, Water Wastewater
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence.
When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century.
You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities.
As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at email@example.com.