Rockwell Automation is seeking a Project Specialist to support the Talent Management organization in the coordination and execution of global technical talent management and organizational effectiveness projects. Projects may include piloting and adoption of tools across the organization, support of new processes and programs for technical talent management, as well as other projects to meet the needs of the Talent Effectiveness Organization.
- In partnership with the Technical Career Council chairperson, executes the technical career ladder activities, including: informational collateral updates, quarterly reviews, talent metrics, and ongoing process improvements.
- Maintains and drives the Technical Talent Review talent workbook processes including: business unit data aggregation, updating enterprise-wide dashboards and metrics, and implementing process improvement ideas as appropriate.
- Partners across Talent Effectiveness organization to implement STEM Advocacy strategy deliverables, including: tools, resources, processes and programs.
- Partners with HRBPs and business leaders on implementation of BU/functional initiatives specific to technical talent (e.g. training, workforce development, knowledge transfer)
- Effectively develops and manages execution of project plans, including; preparing project documents, reports, communications, and tracking of metrics and data.
- Under supervision, leads projects that medium to large in risk, scope, and complexity, ensuring task completion according to established timelines for all activities in an assigned project's life-cycle.
- Independently schedules and leads meetings related to projects that are lower in risk, scope, and complexity.
- Participates on project teams to complete more detailed project work.
- Participates in research and market analysis of technical solutions, best practices, and industry trends for technical talent management related activities.
- Develops PowerPoint, Visio, and Excel presentations as needed to articulate recommendations, analytics, and project status updates.
- Maintains project documents in appropriate file-storage locations, ensuring appropriate revisioning, access control, and classification are maintained.
- Complete other ad-hoc requests as needed to support the broader Talent Effectiveness organization.
In order to be successful in this role, candidates must have:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills; ability to translate data and analytics into a compelling story.
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work with large datasets and disparate sources of information to produce accurate, repeatable results as well as draw insights from patterns and correlations in information.
- Ability to think holistically about processes and programs; anticipate impact of changes to end users (employees, managers, HR) and recommend approach to implementation plans as well as future considerations for process improvements.
- Demonstrated ability to influence others not under one's control; ability to develop positive working relationships and leverage them to accomplish results.
- Knowledge of appropriate procedures for handling sensitive and confidential information.
- Strong teamwork, customer service and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously, ensuring stakeholder expectations are managed appropriately.
- Ability to manage competing demands, accept criticism and constructive feedback, while being extremely adaptable and flexible.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products, including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or related field
- 2 Years related experience with Project Specialist / Project Coordinator responsibilities
- Knowledge or experience working in an engineering or software development organization
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Knowledge or experience in Talent Management or Organizational Development practices
- Prior experience with Human Resources practices desired but not required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to the job. They are not intended to be an all-encompassing list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel. Reasonable accommodations will be made if necessary. This position conducts tasks in accordance with applicable health, safety, quality and environmental regulations (state/federal laws, ISO 9001, ISO 14000, etc.) as well as Rockwell/Rockwell Automation policies and procedures.
Milwaukee - Wisconsin
Rockwell Automation, the world's largest company dedicated to industrial automation, makes its customers more productive and the world more sustainable. Throughout the world, our flagship Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Software product brands are recognized for innovation and excellence. When you choose Rockwell Automation, you join countless talented employees who have helped us establish our leadership position in the automation industry over the past century. You join a diverse, inclusive and global community with a passion for innovation. A place where you can partner with great minds and inspiring people. And a corporation backed by the financial strength that drives growth and career opportunities. As much as we focus on our customers, we know our employees are key to our success and future. Helping you develop a rewarding career is a top priority. Because when you succeed, we succeed.
Rockwell Automation is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
If you are an individual with a disability and you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process, email our Talent Acquisition representative at
Download the EEO is the Law poster and the supplement for more information.